Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Just a heads up - playing PC warzone today - without a hitch - see what Master Chief "SkScotchegg" said #3126 which worked and my post about what I did before I tried his tip and it worked #3172

Hi had loads of games today on PC 2500k and gtx 1080 1080p latest gfx driver - 60hz - all good Scotchegg tip works for me - see above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can it run loops of Futuremark / other benchmarks like Superposition?

I think COD MW is one of the most GPU stressful games I have played. It loads my 1080Ti up to 99% usage constantly running stock settings (no overclock) I have have an aggressive fan curve (80c - 100% fan) but it still reaches 77c

I'll give it a whirl. Didn't think of that.

Soldato
I'll give it a whirl. Didn't think of that.

Always worth doing but I can guarantee you can run all the benchmarks you like and have a 100% stable system... Then a game will come along and completely tbag your CPU / GPU or both causing a crash at the most critical point.
The primary reason I gave up on overclocking my GPU and spending hours running benchmarks

edit - Where has Hardcore Hardpoint mode gone?

Last edited:
Soldato
It worked and I was chuffed.

The things I tried were:
While on the desktop, press Windows Key and type CMD.
Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.
Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt.
Type exit.

Then I reduced the power profile in Windows for my CPU to 95%

EDIT
Then I tried your fix and it worked - I opened the shortcut to Battle.net as administrator - once opened - i pressed PLAY - once I was open - before I joined the game I used the Windows system key to get back to the programme files and renamed those two files with a 1 at the end and loaded the game.

I left the game open all day - just started popped back on when I wanted to play.

So whats happening here? Any ideas? Not tried it today but will report back.

Cheers pod

I'm not quite sure what you mean mate? Do you mean it's crashing again?

If so, you have to make sure that you rename those exe files each and every time you launch the game. If you've only done it once that won't work because the game re-creates and replaces the exe files with the original exe files each time you launch the game.

So this is what I do each time, I launch the game, I go back to modern warfare folder, I delete the two files we already renamed and you will set that the game has re-created the original exe files so you have to rename them again.

So each time you launch the game you delete the two files your rename, and then you rename the two exe's again.

It's still working for me here, day 3! :)

EDIT: Or did I just miss-interpret what you were asking? Were you asking how this works? If that is your question, I have no idea why this works tbh lol.

It's working for me and my cousin as he had the same crashes to desktop before too but this fix has solved his problem now also.

I've been gaming on PC my whole life, PC game problems are weird. And their solutions are even weirder. I remember back in the day for AVP (Aliens Vs Predator) I would have to go to my sound settings in windows and switch it from 96hz to 44hz or something like that. That would solve my crashes to desktop...this was probably 20 years ago or something lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always been about 30 seconds for me end to end.

Searching for <25ms (5 secs)
Searching for <48 ms (5 secs)

Then I usually get a team pretty quick.

Came 2nd in Plunder, got paired with a level 2 from PS4 and a level 137 from PC, i think Plunder is my favourite game type so far.

Agreed. Won a game last night with $870k banked, $1.3 million in total. Started in Novi Grazna Hills, moved east through the Promanade and into Downtown. Scrouging close to buy stations, keeping a balloon on hand at all times and returning to replenish the balloon worked well. Two mates ran distraction whilst I was the money monkey. :D

Soldato
Agreed. Won a game last night with $870k banked, $1.3 million in total. Started in Novi Grazna Hills, moved east through the Promanade and into Downtown. Scrouging close to buy stations, keeping a balloon on hand at all times and returning to replenish the balloon worked well. Two mates ran distraction whilst I was the money monkey. :D
:p

I’ve noticed a lot of camping around drop stations, very annoying.

Do you play with randoms? I’ve noticed that people don’t want to work together, whether there’s 3 or 4 of us, everyone just separates and does their own thing :(

All part of the game, one tactic at least but yeah it is a little. Hence the balloons, need to do a bit more work but you avoid getting sniped with $200K on your corpse. :D

Nah, playing in a team with mates. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3 depending on what the Devs think the game mode should be that week :rolleyes:

Soldato
Me and two other PC players crashed to desktop after a game earlier. Game round was completed on the score screen then heard my GPU power down and crashed to desktop.

Exactly the same for the pther two but console guy (PS4) obviously no problem

I just think the recent patches have been to try and sort/implement some form of anti hacker thing

Soldato
All part of the game, one tactic at least but yeah it is a little. Hence the balloons, need to do a bit more work but you avoid getting sniped with $200K on your corpse. :D

Nah, playing in a team with mates. Sometimes 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3 depending on what the Devs think the game mode should be that week :rolleyes:
I only started playing yesterday but I’m up to level 36 now but the loadouts are still pretty poor, haven’t unlocked a decent sniper yet.

Soldato
Me and two other PC players crashed to desktop after a game earlier. Game round was completed on the score screen then heard my GPU power down and crashed to desktop.

Exactly the same for the pther two but console guy (PS4) obviously no problem

I just think the recent patches have been to try and sort/implement some form of anti hacker thing
Strange, I’ve had zero issues joining and during gameplay, you a VM user?

Soldato
Always worth doing but I can guarantee you can run all the benchmarks you like and have a 100% stable system... Then a game will come along and completely tbag your CPU / GPU or both causing a crash at the most critical point.
The primary reason I gave up on overclocking my GPU and spending hours running benchmarks

edit - Where has Hardcore Hardpoint mode gone?

Tell me about it! Had issues like that before. Im away to try the card in my desktop and see what happens.

Permabanned
/Braces self

I don't get Warzone. I parachute in, die and then spend the next 20 minutes watching other people. If I am lucky I get to punch someone in the Gulag so watch other people again.

Amn I missing something?

Soldato
/Braces self

I don't get Warzone. I parachute in, die and then spend the next 20 minutes watching other people. If I am lucky I get to punch someone in the Gulag so watch other people again.

Amn I missing something?
When you die you enter the gulag, if you win your fight in the gulag, you get to rejoin the map.

Back
Top Bottom