Streets of Rage 4

Soldato
I just tried online and it felt pretty sluggish. This game works well with remote play together, used it earlier with my mate who said it ran amazingly. Must say I'm really enjoying this game, pretty difficult to play through on your own though, still can't beat stage 5 solo on Normal.

I played some SoR2 earlier and what a blast that was, but after using up all my continues I still failed at stage 5 :rolleyes:.

Associate
Logged into my bank today and saw my refund my cdkeys has been paid in, still not heard anything from them though. Pretty poor showing from cdkeys on this one.

I've finished the game on all the main charactors now, Adam is awesome to play he's got really nice synergy with his attacks and his Blitz move is awesome, great CC. I'm gunna do a level as Shiva then probably go back to Axel, he was my first played and so probably has my worst score and times so I want to see what I can do now I have loads of experience.

Axel was my fave in SoR2 but for SoR4 I may have to say Adam, depends on my next run with Axel.
That's odd I got an email with discount code from cdkeys - junk folder maybe?

Soldato
I have a tip for the riot shield guys. How I beat them is 2x back attacks, walk up a tad and the hit will whiff, step back down and 2x back attacks again. I use back attack because it's a single strong move and using it twice gives plenty of time to dodge the counter attack. If I attack any other way I get greedy and/or hit.

Caporegime
Hit a couple of times, move up, they swing and miss, move down, hit a couple of times. That should break the shield depending on character used. Rinse and repeat if not.

Associate
So is Adam actually in this? Is he DLC or an unlock?

I played it last night. I enjoyed the first 2 levels and fact it actually saves your progress (not a benefit you got back in the day). However, the lack of a run option is really weird. I just think it's a glaring omission. Also, in Streets of Rage 3 you could do a cool roll move either up or downwards to flank enemies. Not an option here?

Honestly feel like Streets of Rage 3 is, in some ways, superior to this one. I guess they aimed 4 to be a spiritual successor to 2?

Caporegime
How is everyone dealing with the enemy diamond? I'm finding that character is causing me a huge problem on Old Pier (Stage 4) with that flying kick.

Bait them, move around at distance until they jump then move in close to either grapple or get some attacks off. They're annoying as they seem to be like a homing missile so you have to keep moving even when they're in the air.

If you have a character that has a long jumping attack you can get yours off before they're in the air as well. I prefer the baiting method personally.

So is Adam actually in this? Is he DLC or an unlock

Unlockable by playing the story

As for running, the character with the guitar can run.

The rolling and running you can do with SOR3 characters that are unlocked by getting points.

Associate
Ok cool, well good to know but I was hoping to run as Axel or Adam. Is it just the robot guy from SoR3 then? Or an actual SoR3 Axel etc too?

Soldato
Just finished a run with Axel on Hard, mostly B rank, a few A's and 1 C.

By far the hardest part in the game for me is China Town in the arena with the Galsia's.

With regards to running it seems to be character driven, by default Cherry can run and Adam can do a dash forwards.

The Streets of Rage 3 characters can all run too, I guess Sor4 Axel and Blaze have lost the ability due to getting a little too old. :p

Personally overall I prefer this game to Sor3 and even 2 in a lot of ways.

Associate
Managed to do a lot of the stages in mania mode last night with my brother, wow it's difficult though, lots of retries and cheese tactics were needed. I've managed to do a couple on my own but can't see myself being able to do the rest anytime soon, some of the bosses were just a nightmare.

Got plenty of extra characters to play about with now, gonna try and beat the boss rush next.

Soldato
How do you spend points on unlocks, ive looked on the main menu in options but cant see anything.

Also any tips on the boss twins fight, me and a friend cant seem to get past this one on stage 11 or 12 cos of when the mr one gets damaged a bit he goes and jumps into a mecha, which we know u gotta hit the blue bits on the legs but trying to fight that thing and the women at the same time is insane cos of the crab things sweeping attacks at very quick speeds.

How do you spend points on unlocks, ive looked on the main menu in options but cant see anything.

It should just work it's way through them automatically unlocking in a certain order.

Sorry no idea with your boss issue, but I managed to complete on my own but staying at the back of the screen and punching Ms Y when I could as the legs swept and by punching the blue parts of the legs when they were in certain positions, near the back of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom