The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Caporegime
My Kickr delivery has been delayed :'(

Apparently SigmaSports didn't get as many as Wahoo promised them and I'm near the top of the list for the next batch, but they're not sure when that will be. FML.

Mines been delayed 3 weeks. Now end of May.

When did you place your order and which one did you buy?

I bought the kickr the top one I was going to get the core then thought might as well go for it. Also ordered the climb for the front and the fan and the heart rate monitor too.

Caporegime
My garage is about... 40m to 60m I would say, and would then have to sprawl across a shared garden and I'd have to pass it through a hedge. I can find 50m cables, I guess it's an option, but would be a pain setting up and putting away each time.

Sell the voucher and put it towards a bigger or better home IMO.

No way would I be running a 60 M cable across shared gardens, etc. As well as god knows what else. That would mean leaving your window open whilst you are in there too. I wonder what your home insurance would think of that.

Soldato
Mines been delayed 3 weeks. Now end of May.

When did you place your order and which one did you buy?

I bought the kickr the top one I was going to get the core then thought might as well go for it. Also ordered the climb for the front and the fan and the heart rate monitor too.

I ordered the KICKR 2018 at the start of April when the shipping date was showing as 17th April. Had an email on the 17th saying it would be the 30th April and then this weekend I talked to their support and was told Wahoo didn’t send enough stock and they didn’t yet have a new delivery date.

I get that demand for these things is through the roof right now and there’s a lot of variables in play, but it’s still ******* me off! Particularly as I had a preorder with Evans that I cancelled because the SigmaSports date was closer!

Soldato
My Kickr delivery has been delayed :'(

Apparently SigmaSports didn't get as many as Wahoo promised them and I'm near the top of the list for the next batch, but they're not sure when that will be. FML.
I was the same with Rutland. Got an email alert but wasn't fast enough. Should have one in a "couple of weeks" but considering I'm posting my Tacx Vortex back to wiggle today for them to investigate the issues I'll be without trainer and missing it dearly :(

Caporegime
I ordered the KICKR 2018 at the start of April when the shipping date was showing as 17th April. Had an email on the 17th saying it would be the 30th April and then this weekend I talked to their support and was told Wahoo didn’t send enough stock and they didn’t yet have a new delivery date.

I get that demand for these things is through the roof right now and there’s a lot of variables in play, but it’s still ******* me off! Particularly as I had a preorder with Evans that I cancelled because the SigmaSports date was closer!

I placed my order on the 13th of April.

I don't think they got any stock or very little and are tagging us along.

Like you say demand is high and only one or two shops is actually taking pre orders. The rest just have stock alerts so the number of orders they will have will be huge.

I placed an order for a helmet with them and even that wasn't in stock and had to wait 2 weeks for them to get it.

They said they would be happy to cancel my order as they already have my money yet I don't have the product. I used PayPal credit even though I have the cash as spreading it over 4 months interest free means I get the little interest on it.

Going to email and ask them if I will get it for sure they told me last time 95% I'd get it.

Soldato
Sounds like we're in the same boat Psycho_Sonny. I've been assured I'm 'near the top of the list' but we'll see. I contacted my local bike shop who said they'll be getting a few in 'mid May' but having been burnt once already by cancelling a pre-order for the promise of another one somewhere else, I think I'm going to stick with my Sigma one.

At least I"m fortunate enough to have a KK Road Machine to tide me over.

Soldato
I feel lucky to have picked up an Elite Direto for £499 at the begining of all this - got next day delivery from Halfords as well! I've slacked off the last 10 days but am enjoying going through the 4week ftp builder program, although my current pace will see it completed in about 8 :)

Soldato
Question to those with smart trainers. One of my biggest beefs with 'dumb' trainers like my Road Machine is that I'm very reliant on have a gear/cadence that lets me hit the power targets in TrainerRoad. For instance my workout yesterday was 3x20 minute sweet spot intervals that fluctuate in intensity throughout by about 10w. Will having ERG mode let me just pick a cadence and pedal? Because at the moment I find that to hit the target exactly I have to keep to a very specific cadence otherwise I'll be over/under the target. What happens is that I end up working too hard to make sure that I'm not under the target and all my intervals are then a fair bit over the targets.

I just want a simple life!

Soldato
I feel lucky to have picked up an Elite Direto for £499 at the begining of all this - got next day delivery from Halfords as well! I've slacked off the last 10 days but am enjoying going through the 4week ftp builder program, although my current pace will see it completed in about 8 :)

I did the same from Sigma for a Direto X. They had put the price up next day to £680, and after that it went up to RRP and then OOS.

I've still not done an FTP test either on the road or on the turbo :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Question to those with smart trainers. One of my biggest beefs with 'dumb' trainers like my Road Machine is that I'm very reliant on have a gear/cadence that lets me hit the power targets in TrainerRoad. For instance my workout yesterday was 3x20 minute sweet spot intervals that fluctuate in intensity throughout by about 10w. Will having ERG mode let me just pick a cadence and pedal? Because at the moment I find that to hit the target exactly I have to keep to a very specific cadence otherwise I'll be over/under the target. What happens is that I end up working too hard to make sure that I'm not under the target and all my intervals are then a fair bit over the targets.

I just want a simple life!

Yes. ERG is great for sticking to cadence and letting the trainer manage the resistance. Until you start to flag and it gets horrid very quickly.

Soldato
I did the same from Sigma for a Direto X. They had put the price up next day to £680, and after that it went up to RRP and then OOS.

I've still not done an FTP test either on the road or on the turbo :D

Rip the bandaid off. Prepare a bucket for potential vom and go for it! I managed up to 340 on the ramp test, then had to stop which gave me an FTp of 287, Hoping to try to get that to 300 over the next month or so if possible. I weigh 90kgs so I need the power when outside! Realistically though, indoors the weight thing just allows skinny people to maintain their advantage :)

Soldato
I'm just not motivated for such a hard long effort aha. Give me a 20 min outdoor climb and sure but flat circuit outside or on turbo sounds well boring.

I've done 320 odd for 20 mins at a moderate heart rate outside before on a rolling terrain so I think I'd be disappointed with anything less than 350w.

Soldato
I'm just not motivated for such a hard long effort aha. Give me a 20 min outdoor climb and sure but flat circuit outside or on turbo sounds well boring.

I've done 320 odd for 20 mins at a moderate heart rate outside before on a rolling terrain so I think I'd be disappointed with anything less than 350w.

The ramp test only takes about 25 minutes - longer if you're super powerful

Soldato
Yeah ramp tests are where it's at, although I think I over test with them. The last one I did at the start of TRs Sweetspot Base 2 I managed 26:40, but the number it gave me I just could not hold for threshold intervals (although it was a nice ego boost). I was fine on the VO2 ones, but aerobic stuff was just impossible. I think for people like me who don't have a strong aerobic base then the 20 min test might be better (even if it does require a sick bucket)

Caporegime
Sounds like we're in the same boat Psycho_Sonny. I've been assured I'm 'near the top of the list' but we'll see. I contacted my local bike shop who said they'll be getting a few in 'mid May' but having been burnt once already by cancelling a pre-order for the promise of another one somewhere else, I think I'm going to stick with my Sigma one.

At least I"m fortunate enough to have a KK Road Machine to tide me over.

Yeah keep me posted if you get any updates. I'll do the same. They said I should get one at the end of the month but they cannot guarantee that they will.

I've seen instances of people ordering from multiple sites then just selling on the extras on eBay. They are selling for £300 more than rrp on there for a new one and second hand ones going more than new too.

Soldato
Yeah keep me posted if you get any updates. I'll do the same. They said I should get one at the end of the month but they cannot guarantee that they will.

I've seen instances of people ordering from multiple sites then just selling on the extras on eBay. They are selling for £300 more than rrp on there for a new one and second hand ones going more than new too.

Alright, had a check on the site today and my order was updated to 'Picking'. I chatted with their customer support and mine is going to be dispatched today as they had an unexpected delivery last night. I placed my order 07/04 so you can't be that far behind me in the queue

Caporegime
Alright, had a check on the site today and my order was updated to 'Picking'. I chatted with their customer support and mine is going to be dispatched today as they had an unexpected delivery last night. I placed my order 07/04 so you can't be that far behind me in the queue

Good news. Yeah I ordered 6 days after you so I don't know how many they will have taken during that time nor do I know how much stock they are expecting from suppliers or when, but I would hope I'm in the next batch. The fact they got an unexpected delivery is a good sign, I just hope quality control hasn't been thrown out the window due to increased demand at the manufacturer side of things. I hope I get it before the end of the month but the sooner the better obviously. I just noticed another shop has put up the price of theirs by £200 due to demand. Demand is crazy right now so they could have had hundreds of orders in those 6 days.

Soldato
With all the pro racing going on Zwift currently, I would hope to see improved drafting physics etc and improvements in the racing dynamics to make it more reflective of the real world, be interesting to see the Zwift roadmap for improvements over the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom