Data from a Samsung S8+ with borked screen?

Associate
Hi all,

I just tried to repair the glass on my Samsung S8+ and borked the digitiser(?) the bit that accepts contact when you touch the screen. The screen is barely legible and it will accept no touch gestures.

I had a back up on google so I've put that on my new phone but it only contained my apps and contacts.

Is there any way to get the rest of my data off the old phone, including the secure folder contents?

The phone still recognises my fingerprint (reader is on the back), and I have all the passcodes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Associate
I think the only way you'd get back up from the secure folder is if you used Samsung's own backup tool within the secure folder area, I'm sure a google back up wouldn't cover that.

The only thing maybe worth a try is accessing using DeX with a USB C to HDMI cable? I had an S8+ a few years ago and I don't remember it needing a on screen prompt to access DeX, maybe someone else more clued up may know?

Associate
Not sure if it works on Samsung devices, but in the past I plugged a usb mouse into my old damaged Sony mobile and used that to navigate through the screens/menus. You may also be able to mirror you screen to your TV if your display is hard to make out

Back
Top Bottom