• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I need help of my ryzen 5 3600

Associate
Hello overclockers
I really try to fix it soo long i explain you.
My cpu ryzen 5 3600 paired with mobo MSI Tomahawk max with latest Agesa 1.0.0.5
I don't have high boost clock i mean in games many users have boost to 4.1 in games but mine cpu hits 3975Mhz-4000Mhz.
Bios is default exept XMP set to 3600Mhz
and custom fan curve.
In gaming is 63-67C
For benchmarking 76C
Chipset is latest from april
IT is sillicon lotery or everything else?.
I need help.

Associate
Hello overclockers
I really try to fix it soo long i explain you.
My cpu ryzen 5 3600 paired with mobo MSI Tomahawk max with latest Agesa 1.0.0.5
I don't have high boost clock i mean in games many users have boost to 4.1 in games but mine cpu hits 3975Mhz-4000Mhz.
Bios is default exept XMP set to 3600Mhz
and custom fan curve.
In gaming is 63-67C
For benchmarking 76C
Chipset is latest from april
IT is sillicon lotery or everything else?.
I need help.

I'm confused you haven't stated what you need help with?

Associate
I had this issue with my 3600 and I thought it was my B450-F bad VRM causing it.

You are looking at readings from msi afterburner when playing? If so you might just have a bad chip. This is not silicone lottery. The chip is supposed to boost to approx 4,150Mhz single core in games. I gurantee if you return it you will magically see proper boosts. I think AMD is doing some bad binning in hopes people don't notice to cope with demand.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I had this issue with my 3600 and I thought it was my B450-F bad VRM causing it.

You are looking at readings from msi afterburner when playing? If so you might just have a bad chip. This is not silicone lottery. The chip is supposed to boost to approx 4,150Mhz single core in games. I gurantee if you return it you will magically see proper boosts. I think AMD is doing some bad binning in hopes people don't notice to cope with demand.
Yea but Tomahawk Max have good vrm so its worth to upgrade a X570 board for 50% chance to get a proper boost ?.

Soldato
I had issues with my 3600x boosting vaults, was boost to like 1.4v, which is way to high for b450, so I manually set it to 1.325v, set 4.2ghz core, runs sweet. Boosts when it needs to, and idle's fine, and mid loads fine. I run 3200mhz. Try them settings, even try the 3200mhz on memory too.

Man of Honour
If it was me, I'd just run some benchmarks (with everything else turned off, like don't run Chrome, messenger, Steam, etc at the same time) and if your CPU results are roughly similar to other 3600 CPUs then that'd do. Boost clocks on modern chips seem to jump around like a grasshopper with an itch. You could check the boost behaviour with different number of cores by configuring the number of threads in something like Prime

Back
Top Bottom