PC Gaming Dead?

Soldato
I see it this way. If the PS4 - Xbox series X are as good as they say and are around your £600 mark and a 3080ti is £1200. I know what I'll be buying and it won't please Nvidia (PC gamer for life so far)

Associate
I don't think the PC will ever die out entirely but I have to admit the price of the hardware is not doing anybody any good. I have been a PC gamer for 30 years and have never seen such an increase in hardware costs as much as it is today. It's a shame because it will only fuel the desire for PC gamers to switch to the consoles. I'm pretty lucky as I don't spend any of my money on anything else but my PC and to be honest that's the only reason I can still afford PC gaming. If I had other interests or my money was tied up elsewhere then I would almost certainly switch to the console. I also love the consoles and they have there place but the cost of PC hardware is a bit silly at the moment and I can only see PC gaming losing ground not gaining.

Associate
Always been a pc gamer, with the odd console here and there, mega drive in the early 90s, N64, original xbox and some use on the sisters nintendo wii and thats it, just upgraded before lockdown, so i hope that does me 2 - 3 years and i will see then what prices, new consoles bring to the table

Associate
I don't think the PC will ever die out entirely but I have to admit the price of the hardware is not doing anybody any good. I have been a PC gamer for 30 years and have never seen such an increase in hardware costs as much as it is today. It's a shame because it will only fuel the desire for PC gamers to switch to the consoles. I'm pretty lucky as I don't spend any of my money on anything else but my PC and to be honest that's the only reason I can still afford PC gaming. If I had other interests or my money was tied up elsewhere then I would almost certainly switch to the console. I also love the consoles and they have there place but the cost of PC hardware is a bit silly at the moment and I can only see PC gaming losing ground not gaining.

dont forget waiting an extra year to play some games on PC. hello Rockstar!

Soldato
I think the only thing that keeps PC gaming alive is that people can upgrade there Gaming PC in multi parts when they have the money spare..

To build a complete mid range gaming PC from scratch would cost a small fortune for anyone starting with nothing :(

Computer Desk
Monitor
Case
Cpu
Cpu cooler
Memory
Motherboard
GPU
Harddrives or SSD or M.2
PSU
Mouse
Keyboard
Gamepad
Windows 10 Software

Associate
Always played on consoles. Went for PC, about 12 years ago. For a while kept both, and now just PC. Consoles are convenient. Back at the PS3 time, games were cheap, Play.com used to offer new games at good prices not long after release date. Now PC rules. And I use a joystick for playing, no shame. :D

Associate
I've been gravitating back towards my PS4 recently. I've just turned 33 and don't find twitch shooters all that fun anymore which was my main reasoning for PC gaming.

Back
Top Bottom