** LG 27GL850 GAMING MONITOR 5% FORUM DISCOUNT **

I came from a Dell U2715H, which I have had for many years and got very used to it's superb colour gamut. I've sent back to monitors previous to this and stuck with the Dell in the past because the Dell had a superior picture.

On first start up I found the brightness to be far too bright, like the sun and colour was far too cool. However with a bit of tweaking I've managed to get the closest I've been to the Dell picture wise. The added benefit of 144hz mops up any worries about it not being level to or better than the Dell. :)

My biggest gripe with this monitor its the stand. It's pig ugly, floppy, limited in it's adjustment and the cable management sucks. It will be going on an Ergotron asap.

Settings wise:

Gamer 1
Brightness : 49
R: 50
G: 49
B: 48

Associate
Interested in hearing from people who have just bought this. I'd be upgrading from a Dell 24" IPS panel mainly for FPS gaming so would like to see what people are saying.

Well, mine's just arrived and unpacked. I'm coming from an old Dell 24" 1080p, no adaptive sync. I've just thrown AC Odyssey on, chucked adaptive sync, max frame-rate etc. And now I'm scraping my jaw off the floor! It's amazing.

One niggle. The supplied cables (Display Port and HDMI) are a bit on the short-side. I've coped out-of-box, but it is a stretch...

And the increased screen area will be good for work purposes too! #homeworking

Associate
I've just ordered one too as an upgrade for a Dell S2716DG. I was quite happy with the Dell, especially it's gaming performance with G-Sync but wanted something with better viewing angles and colour.

Associate
I had an ASUS VG27AQ due to rtings site review on order which I cancelled at the last moment (delivery would have been tomorrow) due to reading other reviews/comparisons with the LG 27GL850.
The LG is ~£60 more expensive, but still not sure I’ll get a picture anywhere near as good as my TV (Samsung 75Q9FN) running PS4 pro with Warzone for example. This is compared against my daughter’s cheapish 24” BenQ QHD or my really old Dell IPS.
Monitors with FALD and decent HDR are silly money still.
I’m not a massive PC gamer (prefer VR) so not too worried about very high refresh but also have need for homeworking, so a 27” QHD, decent for games, but with image quality like my TV would be perfect. I guess FreeSync and Gsync would still be worth going for.

Anyone have any comments on what things look like compared to a decent TV ?

Associate
I had an ASUS VG27AQ due to rtings site review on order which I cancelled at the last moment (delivery would have been tomorrow) due to reading other reviews/comparisons with the LG 27GL850.
The LG is ~£60 more expensive, but still not sure I’ll get a picture anywhere near as good as my TV (Samsung 75Q9FN) running PS4 pro with Warzone for example. This is compared against my daughter’s cheapish 24” BenQ QHD or my really old Dell IPS.
Monitors with FALD and decent HDR are silly money still.
I’m not a massive PC gamer (prefer VR) so not too worried about very high refresh but also have need for homeworking, so a 27” QHD, decent for games, but with image quality like my TV would be perfect. I guess FreeSync and Gsync would still be worth going for.

Anyone have any comments on what things look like compared to a decent TV ?
Might be worth checking out the AOC ag273qx, I was looking at that as a VA alternative to the LG.

From reviews it appears to be the best of the qhd VA panels available.

In well lit conditions the LG looks fine, you can't really perceive the weak contrast so much. At night though, it's clearly obvious.

I went for the LG as I'm using it mainly for work and gaming, not so much films/tv.

Associate
Mine arrived today, very pleased no issues to report. Big improvement coming from a Dell S2716DG.

Only thing I couldn't figure out is what is the little hook thing in the box for?

Soldato
Just installed mine and it’s a very clean and crisp display. IPS glow is there but I’ve not tweaked the settings yet.

As a freesync noob i just enable it in the Radeon software and make sure the monitor is 144Hz?

also, probably a stupid question but should. VSync be turned off in game?

Associate
I came from a Dell U2715H, which I have had for many years and got very used to it's superb colour gamut. I've sent back to monitors previous to this and stuck with the Dell in the past because the Dell had a superior picture.

Good to know, I've had my U2715H for over 5 years and whilst it's only 60hz, I've not seen another monitor since that has comparable image quality (to my eyes). Really would like something newer, but reluctant to take the monitor gamble. Fortunately, so far as I'm aware, I've never seen anything above a 60hz monitor, so ignorance is bliss and all that.

Soldato
Just installed mine and it’s a very clean and crisp display. IPS glow is there but I’ve not tweaked the settings yet.

As a freesync noob i just enable it in the Radeon software and make sure the monitor is 144Hz?

also, probably a stupid question but should. VSync be turned off in game?
#

AMD's recommendation is to enable both Vsync and Freesync :)

Associate
After days of hunting, this is what I’m looking for - just cannot find a 30”+ 1440pGSync that’s reasonable, so 27” will have to do.

anyone know when stock will be available?

So this is a new one on me for IPS screens:

0RiGfkL.jpg

Burn in? Wut?

Display was on for about 20 minutes, swapped the cable back to Windows machine from the pfSense box I was building and now I've got burn in ghosting. What the hell?

Associate
After days of hunting, this is what I’m looking for - just cannot find a 30”+ 1440pGSync that’s reasonable, so 27” will have to do.

anyone know when stock will be available?
It must have just had a stock refresh as it's back in stock with 10+ .........also..... 24% OFF AT £379.99 HECK YEAH

Hoping this wasn't a pricing mistake, just nabbed this :D

Been literally waiting weeks for this and couldn't resist at that price!

Associate
It must have just had a stock refresh as it's back in stock with 10+ .........also..... 24% OFF AT £379.99 HECK YEAH

Hoping this wasn't a pricing mistake, just nabbed this :D

Been literally waiting weeks for this and couldn't resist at that price!

I feel you brother, been checking back now and again for months! and checked today to be presented with the green goodness of instock.... also nabbed this, couldn't beat the price.

checked at tons of different monitors but held off..... for awhile, I'd regret not buying it, specially at such a price.

Back
Top Bottom