The Stranglers keyboard player dies

Associate
Look if you want to argue around whether covid caused his death any further then I'm out. It is blatantly clear it will have been a significant issue to anyone dealing with this stuff. Your lack of understanding around testing, when and why it’s done, death certification etc. doesn’t change that being the case. The vast majority of deaths certified have multiple reasons when you look at the different sections of a death certificate. Something will have to go on the first part and the clinical team looking after will make that call on likelihood. The extended cardiac admission can be why he was admitted but most people admitted with cardiac issues leave hospital. This man sadly didn’t. Somehow trying to imply that most deaths that have recently tested as covid +ve are not caused by covid is moronic at best and deliberately dangerous at worst.

Man of Honour
I remember buying Rattus Norvegicus on day of release and taking it back the following day because I thought it was going to be a punk sound but it sounded more like Genesis.
I did see them at least 4 times in the early days and it was Greenfield's keyboard playing that made them different.
RIP.

Soldato
Aye stop scaring people...

TK5UeoF.jpg

That's all you need, a massive spike in deaths, doesn't matter if they died of it, or died with it, COVID has lead to a massive increase in UK deaths.
The fright is real.

Nah, all other conditions suddenly started killed 10,000 people extra a week. Nothing to do with Covid19.

And how do you know his heart problems killed him?

See the chart above, most of those deaths above average will have other underlying conditions. You saying those underlying conditions suddenly became more deadly in the last 2 months?

Associate
48,000 people died of Sepsis in the UK last year.

Horrible thing. Leads to pneumonia eventually. Apparently..

This years death toll?

Hmm.

Soldato
48,000 people died of Sepsis in the UK last year.

Horrible thing. Leads to pneumonia eventually. Apparently..

This years death toll?

Hmm.

Probably more. A lot of the excess deaths aren't being classified as Covid19. So other things must be taking up the slack.

Bet you were expecting the opposite answer.

Associate
What I find quite worrying is the fact that my local GP died of Sepsis last year.

Came back from holiday and died within 2 days of feeling unwell.

He was a fit and healthy guy in his his late forties. A medical professional. What chance do the rest of us stand?

Sepsis is far more worrying yet it's being swept under the carpet with all this hysteria.

Associate
Apologies for the digression. I loved the Stranglers back in the day. Saw them live quite a few times back in the mid to late seventies (I'm no spring chicken)

Great live band and Dave Greenfield was a hell of a keyboard player - even though he looked a lot like Captain Beefheart.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It's the first sentence, try going to specsavers.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52537293 said:
The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield has died at the age of 71 after testing positive for Covid-19. Greenfield died on Sunday having contracted the virus after a prolonged stay in hospital for heart problems.
Perhaps it is you, who should be going to specsavers. Or back to school. Did they not teach critical thinking in your days?

The quote states three facts:
1. He was in hospital for heart problems;
2. He contracted Covid-19 while in hospital;
3. He died while in hospital.

The article does not state cause of death. I suspect this is because the BBC is a reputable media organisation which tries its best not to jump to conclusions and spread rumours.

Back
Top Bottom