Lockdown Games

Associate
Deus Ex the original is on my list to be replayed, this time with particular focus on the pandemic element in that game's story
Frost Punk for society building in a ruined world of ever-ramping despair and hardship

Soldato
In between sim racing on iRacing and ACC, I'm playing Borderlands 3 and I've gone back to some of the older Total War games to complete. I'm just starting a grand campaign on Empire Total War as the British and playing on hardest difficulty..

Man of Honour
I'm still working (from home), so not quite as much extra time, but I'm spending my lunchtimes playing Path of Exile, on my 3rd attempt at playing through it and starting to make some headway. Also playing Days Gone on the PS4 in the evenings, which I'm really enjoying.

Soldato
Finally got in the mood for RDR 2 so once I gave that a proper try I'm now sucked in. It's a beautiful game, very nice world, and especially when just doing open world things, hunting & wandering, it's great! Some very annoying R* classic design as well (and the endless bickering of characters; oy vey!), but not nearly as awful as GTA V. Overall very much enjoying it & it's gonna consume my free time for the next 2 months I reckon. Then I'll probably mess around with Gears Tactics while waiting for the summer ports (Horizon Zero Dawn & Death Stranding) to make their way to PC, and if I have time left then I'll pick Divinity OS 2 back up because I was enjoying that very much as well, but got tired of the looting - sadly a common problem with oh so many games these days.

Associate
A lockdown heads-up:

Total War - Shogun 2 is being given away free on Steam until 1 May. All the DLC content is reduced right down too, about £9 for the lot.

Caporegime
For those that like isometric/top-down RPG games, Eschalon: Book 1 is free on Steam.

Despite its age, it's still a very solid indie/fantasy title.

How's World of Warcraft doing these days? It was massive back in the mid-2000s, think it was even bigger than what Fortnite/Minecraft is nowadays. I can imagine an uptake of subs to WoW from former players.

For me, what's the most ideal 2D Sonic the Hedgehog game to play these days on Steam? I was thinking Sonic Mania but haven't researched it fully yet.

As for currently playing, I'm playing HD Poker a lot. It's an MMO for Texas Hold' Em poker, up to 4 tables and 36 seats max using play money. There are in-app purchases, but you get free chips every day. If you're reasonably good at poker, then there is no need to buy any chips. Every 15 or so hands, a chest appears and you win it if you win that particular hand. Then it's like in World of Warcraft where you get chips and special items.

Back
Top Bottom