Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Pressure washer help / update!

Am I insane? What is going on. Don’t know if a plastic part is ever up to the task or if I got a defective unit maybe? Has anyone experienced this? I tried another tap connector (plastic from a normal hose gun) and it completely sheared in 2!

Looks to be just crap plastic connectors, or the thread on your tap isn't to the right tolerance range.

Soldato
I live in GF flat with no outside tap. I have a total of 2 taps and a shower head inside. I am really struggling to connect a hose properly to them, let alone trying a pressure washer. I just about managed to clean my wheels with barely more than a trickle and then lost patience. I'll attempt the bodywork tomorrow.

Any recommendations for alternatives to a plastic hazeloxk adaptor? Maybe something a bit more robust and less likely to slip?

Last edited:
Soldato
I live in GF flat with no outside tap. I have a total of 2 taps and a shower head inside. I am really struggling to connect a hose properly to them, let alone trying a pressure washer. I just about managed to clean my wheels with barely more than a trickle and then lost patience. I'll attempt the bodywork tomorrow.

Any recommendations for alternatives to a plastic hazeloxk adaptor? Maybe something a bit more robust and less likely to slip?
You can buy rubber tap connectors that fasten with a jubilee clip, I think that would be your best bet. :)

Soldato

Depending on your tap, you may be able to use something like -
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-mixer-tap-connector/3485t
It's still pants and will leak if you don't tighten it at the correct angle (always wrap an old towel/cloth around it) but it's better than the simple rubber mounts.

Alternatively some taps have a screw filter/spray fitting that you can remove and then attach a hose fitting like -
https://www.garden-products.co.uk/shop/brass-male-hose-fitting-adaptor/
Works a lot, lot better but obviously requires the correct tap/mixer etc.

Unfortunately, nothing beats a dedicate outdoor/garage tap though.

Soldato
Guys, I've just realised I've got a full bottle of 303 aerospace protectant that I bought a couple of years or so ago for bringing up rubber and black plastic on electric drums. Only used once. So instead of me needing to buy some autoglym product, I believe it would be pretty good for car interiors? And it has UV protection.

Associate
Received a new lance for my K5 so I can use different angled nozzles, bought as an experiment since my variohose just decided to quit working.. Hopefully will give the car a once over to try it out but I still need a new hose.

Not interested in Directhoses since there was a debacle where the hose didn't fit and then trying to get a refund on that. Thinking about qwashers or an ebay place in Poland.

Would just go to halfords and get the extended hose and gun but apparently it doesn't work on washers with a hose reel, though I can't fathom why that is as it's the same connectors!

Soldato
It's an excellent product for trim in and out

Thanks Cookeh. It's a bottle I'd sort of forgotten about and totally not considered for the car, even though it has an icon of a car on the bottle, duh! Glad I've got it. It's out of stock on cleanyourcar and £18 on amazon, so not cheap. Can't remember what I paid for it but it was 4 years ago.

Soldato
@Steedie @grudas

Thanks guys - I absolutely LOVE the raceglaze water filter. Honestly I wish I had one years ago now! I washed my black Porsche Cayenne, final rinse down using the filter and a cheapo hose - let it drip dry in the sun. Spotless. Black paint. Spotless. MAGIC. Did the M4 today (it's white) and although you can't normally see the water spots on it, it came up more glossy than normal as a result.

Video for those that don't know what I'm on about - look at the results from just a snow foam, rinse + final rinse with water filter then left to dry - no touching of the car. awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom