Kraftwerk co-founder Florian Schneider has died.

Soldato
RIP to a true visionary. I honestly think as each year passes Kraftwerk’s influence grows to the point where they become a more important band than any other. They were the foundation for entire genres of music and they were crucial to the rebirth of modern Germany.

Associate
A true pioneer of electronic sound, technique and melody. Sad day :(

Been a Kraftwerk fan since I was small and remember hearing Radio-Activity on cassette 15 years after it was recorded played through a mono speaker before bedtime.

During a tea break at a warehouse back in 1999 I heard Radio 1 announce a new recording (Expo 2000) by Kraftwerk - their first in 14 years, I quickly got out my cassette from my Walkman and taped it in the staff canteen. I was so genuinely excited. :D

Soldato
Terribly sad news. Kraftwerk are awesome now, I can’t even imagine how minds were completely blown in the 70’s when they started out. I remain a huge fan and feel extremely privileged to have seen them live... although I did see them move slightly on stage!

I’d like to think that as a tribute the rest of the band would replace Florian with an actual robot and go on tour.

RIP

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Never heard of them, any top tunes? . . .
That's a joke right?

Kraftwerk have had a massive influence on electronic music; their live performances were a bit naff but their music is brilliant.

Try listening to Autobahn while driving along a motorway, in heavy traffic, in the rain :)

Soldato
That's a joke right?

Kraftwerk have had a massive influence on electronic music; their live performances were a bit naff but their music is brilliant.

Try listening to Autobahn while driving along a motorway, in heavy traffic, in the rain :)

Nope. Initially I thought it was the founder of Kraft foods or thereabouts.

Soldato
Had forgotten they did the model - always thought that was duran duran, or, a new romantic band. h17/abc ....
Tidal don't seem to have the German version, that I could find, just poor bitrate utube version
... german language harmonizes better with their music

Back
Top Bottom