LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

Associate
Ah, so that explains how he got his C9 so cheap. Not brand new and little to no warranty. Hope it does not develop an issue in the first few years or he will soon be wishing he went brand new with 6 years warranty :p

I am super happy I went for a 55” B9 on Black Friday. Cost me £994 brand new with 6 years warranty and it has been brilliant. The difference between the B9 and C9 are way overblown by some out there, had the chance to see them both and I am glad I did not spend the extra money. In the end it is the same panel so not surprising I suppose.

Little to no warranty? 3 months old with the receipt. And where I live stores ask crazy prices for extra 3 or 4 years of warranty, like 500€ or something so there is no point in buying these, do uk stores ask reasonable prives for extended warranty?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Little to no warranty? 3 months old with the receipt. And where I live stores ask crazy prices for extra 3 or 4 years of warranty, like 500€ or something so there is no point in buying these, do uk stores ask reasonable prives for extended warranty?
I did not pay anything extra for my 6 years warranty.

Soldato
So who's really happy they bought a C9 a year ago and didn't wait for the CX :D:D:D:D:D:D Best freakin' £1800 gamble I've taken with tech in my life.

XF90 and less than 1K even, but boy does it not pay off to wait for TV upgrades lol

We're in a transition phase for TV tech but it's just gonna be years of incrementalism now.

I'm waiting to put one of these in my living room but perhaps just a tad smaller LOL! :D https://youtu.be/Jfcx2XFvyL0?t=29

Soldato
That guy waffles on.. he could have said it all in 2 mins without having to repeat himself over and over.

The question is how much different is 10 bit vs 12 bit ?

Associate
Limiting the TV to "just about" handle the bandwidth necessary for 444 RGB 10bit 120Hz could lead to stability issues. Wild speculation however based on how finicky HDMI and HDMI cables are when pushed to the limit.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So the 2019 range do 48Gbps but their 2020 lineup only does 40? Weird. I guess it does not matter as both panels are 10bit from what I understand and only 12bit would push for the full 48Gbps.

Soldato
Limiting the TV to "just about" handle the bandwidth necessary for 444 RGB 10bit 120Hz could lead to stability issues. Wild speculation however based on how finicky HDMI and HDMI cables are when pushed to the limit.

Is that not just pure speculation and not even remotely related?

Soldato
OP
So the 2019 range do 48Gbps but their 2020 lineup only does 40? Weird. I guess it does not matter as both panels are 10bit from what I understand and only 12bit would push for the full 48Gbps.
Is that not just pure speculation and not even remotely related?

LG confirmed it.

I don't think it matters as the panel is a 10bit panel the most it can display is 10bit which is 40gbps.

Soldato
@aoaaron My reply was to the message I quoted, we know LG confirmed it but the person was suggesting that the 40gbps would case problems. That’s pure speculation.

there is literally no point of implementing anything better than 40gbps if the panel it’s driving can’t utilise it.

It’s not like you’ll see 44gbps on a C9 because it can’t display 12bit colour. Very few people will realistically be able to tell the difference unless they are side by side pixel peeping.

Back
Top Bottom