XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Just noticed this today on the xbox dashboard. I've already had the gamepass month for £1 offer before, but it's back again.

If you don't know, the £1 offer converts your xbox gold to gamepass ultimate at a ratio of 1:1 unlike the out of offer method which is 3:1 (3 months gold converts to 1 month ultimate).

Luckily I had near enough 3 years worth of xbox gold on my account (i bought the 12 month brazil codes from cdkeys), so for £1 I got 3 years worth of gamepass ultimate.

I'm not sure if I was just lucky, or if Microsoft are re-running the offer for everyone again.

Worth checking out!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I did this last month for my son. Already had 5.5 months of Gold after buying a 6month code recently (£22), then bought 2 more 12 month codes for about £40 each.

When applying each 12 month code I agreed to recurrent billing, which added a 13th month (and then immediately cancelled the recurrent billing), then bought the £1 Ultimate upgrade, which converted all my Gold to Ultimate and added another free month.

Nearly 33 months of Ultimate for £103!

I posted about it on the "console bargains" thread, but I don't think many people look at that

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I did this last month for my son. Already had 5.5 months of Gold after buying a 6month code recently (£22), then bought 2 more 12 month codes for about £40 each.

When applying each 12 month code I agreed to recurrent billing, which added a 13th month (and then immediately cancelled the recurrent billing), then bought the £1 Ultimate upgrade, which converted all my Gold to Ultimate and added another free month.

Nearly 33 months of Ultimate for £103!

I posted about it on the "console bargains" thread, but I don't think many people look at that

Next time get the 12 month gold codes from cdkeys. They are £19 at the minute.

Soldato
OP
Do they work OK in UK?

Yeah, just buy them from cdkeys as normal and redeem at xbox.com/redeemcode.

When you access that site though, go through a vpn with a sever in brazil but you still login using your usual xbox account.

It's an absolute doddle. In fact I used the same web browser, and was already logged in from before and still had no issues.

There's no messing about with second accounts, or using an address in brazil etc etc. It takes literally 10 seconds.

Caporegime
Yeah, just buy them from cdkeys as normal and redeem at xbox.com/redeemcode.

When you access that site though, go through a vpn with a sever in brazil but you still login using your usual xbox account.

It's an absolute doddle. In fact I used the same web browser, and was already logged in from before and still had no issues.

There's no messing about with second accounts, or using an address in brazil etc etc. It takes literally 10 seconds.
So if I buy a couple of Brazilian Xbox codes for that price. If I add them altogether into my account ie redeem them then I’ll get 24mths straight away??

Soldato
OP
If I was to buy 12 months gold now (I don't have anything at the moment, it ran out 2 months ago) will I then get the option to upgrade to ultimate game pass for £1 a month?

The idea is that you stick on as many months gold as you can afford (up to 3yrs), and then take up Microsofts offer of £1 gamepass ultimate for a month. It then automatically upgrades all of your xbox gold months to ultimate.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

Before you do though, might be worth logging into xbox.com and visitng that link above just to make sure the offer hasn't ended.

Soldato
The idea is that you stick on as many months gold as you can afford (up to 3yrs), and then take up Microsofts offer of £1 gamepass ultimate for a month. It then automatically upgrades all of your xbox gold months to ultimate.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

Before you do though, might be worth logging into xbox.com and visitng that link above just to make sure the offer hasn't ended.

It just says join for £1 then £3.99 a month.

Soldato
@TheOracle i dont see those exact screens no. When i log on to my xbox account through that link, where I see join now, if I click that it says join for £1 then £3.99

Its $27 dollars for 12 months through Brazilian vpn, which works out at £21. Do you stay on Brazil vpn server when logging in to xbox.com to redeem?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looking at this with Brazil vpn to input codes then redeem game pass. RDR2 tempting although I didn’t finish RDR

Soldato
OP
@TheOracle i dont see those exact screens no. When i log on to my xbox account through that link, where I see join now, if I click that it says join for £1 then £3.99

Its $27 dollars for 12 months through Brazilian vpn, which works out at £21. Do you stay on Brazil vpn server when logging in to xbox.com to redeem?

Just buy the code normally from cdkeys first

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil

Then fire up the vpn before redeeming at xbox.com/redeemcode

Once it's taken the code, you don't have to use the vpn again

Back
Top Bottom