Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Surely something like Tardis would be best for removing glue. The only doubt I have would be using it on bare aluminium - A quick google doesn't suggest a problem but probably worth checking properly.

Soldato
Silly wee video but why not :D

I really must invest in one of these filters. The water in my area is so hard it basically comes out of the hose in lumps, and drying the car is the bit I hate the most.
I'd love to be able to foam, wash and rinse the car, and then just leave it to dry.

Soldato
Honestly (I don't work for them btw...) I am stunned how good these are, quicker than drying the car with a detailer spray and drying towel with zero risk of swirls etc.

Worth noting you'll need to buy another hose too to use with this - don't use it via the pressure washer.

Associate
Looking to imitate something along these lines to be honest
7dbd533e48ac09249b7fe64182eca109.jpg

Once i have more than a drive outside the front of a terrace, so incorporating one of those filters or similar shouldn't be too problematic!

Soldato
I thought they were ok to use with a pressure washer?

You 'can' use it with a pressure washer... but it'll just kill it's life.

Basically you clean the car as normal, with a pressure washer. Then once your finished rinsing it with the pressure washer - you give it a final rinse, with the filter attached via a hose to the tap (can be the same one you had plugged into the pressure washer) but then a fresh clean hose / gun attached to the filter. Quickly run round and rinse the car down. That's it. If you use a pressure washer, you'll simply use several gallons more water through the filter for the same effect, but that's just wasting the filter's life effectively.

Soldato
How often do you refill the resin? Or how long does it last?

I just got it last week, and have used it twice. From what I've read, the 7L one should last about 200-400 washes depending on how much water you put through it before needing emptied, and new resin put in. That's 45 quid for a refill. Maybe every couple of years or so I'd guess? Fine by me, it's awesome.

Associate
I just got it last week, and have used it twice. From what I've read, the 7L one should last about 200-400 washes depending on how much water you put through it before needing emptied, and new resin put in. That's 45 quid for a refill. Maybe every couple of years or so I'd guess? Fine by me, it's awesome.

Sounds good, there is a cheaper and 11l version that was recommended https://www.fullcleancentre.com/11-litre-di-vessel/

Soldato
No problems @shaank ! It's a good thing to have, with my black and dark blue cars it makes a massive difference! Using it to rinse only will make it last for a long time too, I'm expecting once a year refill if that.

Soldato
Could be wrong, but they use, or used something similar in nuclear power stations, probably a lot more complex, from reading about Three Mile Island. The resin filled tanks they used to clean the water got clogged, they tried freeing the clog with compressed air, but in doing so some water got into an airline and caused the shut down.

I assume it’s based on similar tech for removing minerals etc.

Caporegime
Likely. The primary and secondary circuits for generating steam is just water so you don’t want mineral deposits etc clogging heat exchangers.

You don't want it...but you get it! One of my jobs whilst I was still at uni was calculating deposition rates for scale within pipelines. The main focus was corrosion within oil and gas production but we also covered nuclear.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Any ideas on how to restore the finish on the front lip of the CF air scoop? It's been battered by stones and weather over the years and isn't as polished and clean as it once was :(

Eventuri_scoop_worn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom