Dirt 5

Soldato
This is the way, IMO. Dirt Rally for rally fanatics, Dirt for pure arcade fun and that's how it looks.

Though I have to say, the trailer reminded me how much I miss Motorstorm...

Soldato
If they support VR and if they keep away from gymkhana crap and just concentrate on driving or racing then I am in. Dirt3 was ruined by gymkhana and dirt 4 inexplicably dropped vr.

For me the dirt series highlight ,(discounting the rally series) was dirt 2

Soldato
The buggy racing from the original dirt was quite enjoyable, and Motorstorm on the PS3 was a lot of fun. I see a lot of that from the trailer, and with the guys behind it, it should deliver.

That said, no VR and you instantly lose thrill if you've become accustomed to having it hurtled in to your eyes at a million miles an hour. Sadly it's something to pass on if it's monitor support only.

Associate
I would think this almost certainly wont have vr support, this is for the casuals.

This game looks garbage to me but I'm glad it will exist and have dirt rally as separate entity for us more serious racers.

Soldato
dirt-5-announcement-3.jpg
dirt-5-announcement-5.jpg

dirt-5-announcement-1.jpg
dirt-5-announcement-2.jpg

Associate
If they support VR and if they keep away from gymkhana crap and just concentrate on driving or racing then I am in. Dirt3 was ruined by gymkhana and dirt 4 inexplicably dropped vr.

For me the dirt series highlight ,(discounting the rally series) was dirt 2

Yeah I agree Dirt 2 was great. I actually completed Dirt 3 with a racing wheel cursing Ken Block's name during gymkhana events. What is this, ballet for cars? So dumb. Turns out you could cheese most events by doing doughnuts, even more dumb. I'd hold the steering in place and just do doughnuts till the timer ran out. Such a stupid addition to a great racing game.

Soldato
I would think this almost certainly wont have vr support, this is for the casuals.

This game looks garbage to me but I'm glad it will exist and have dirt rally as separate entity for us more serious racers.

See I'm the person who like this and not into the serious driving. So I'm also glad they are making different games as the dirt 2.0 was a disappointment for me.

Associate
Anyone playing this today. Seems to have been forgotten about tbh....

Is it that bad ?

Not looking too good from the Steam reviews I've read but i have come to the conclusion that PC Gamers are never happy with any Console ports.

Looks very much Forza Horizon to me so will be skipping until on deep sale i guess.

Soldato
I can get it for about 28 quid but im still undecided even at that price. Seeing mixed revies, parts of the track texture popping in around 2 metres etc. Might need some patches before I grab it as I used to love the original old DiRTs.

Soldato
I'm finding it fun and looks perfectly fine here. Getting 65FPS on ultra settings apart from global illumination from ultra to high (big gain on fps here). This is with a i9-10885H Omen 17 laptop with a RTX2080Super maxP on a 2560x1440res 144hz g-sync monitor

Back
Top Bottom