Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Mic -£77
Arm - £57
Preamp -£97

£231 total :)

I have been playing around and taking guidance off a friend for setting it up - the clarity is mental :)

Be careful with ambient noise. Condenser mics pick up a LOT - dynamics are better suited for desktop usage tbh. As you noted, however, they are more expensive generally because they require a lot of gain so it requires extra gear like a cloudlifter for low powered interfaces.

Soldato
I think this is the first time I've heard a complaint about the PSA-1, everyone I know (including myself) has nothing bad to say about it, in fact it's one that hundreds/thousands of streamer use because of the quality of Rode equipment. Sounds more like you had a problematic one and there is no reason there should have been any metal shavings from it, are you sure you actually had a Rode arm, honestly their quality is extremely good.

Only just saw this.

Yes, it was RODE. I disagree on their quality, I went through about 2 or 3 before giving up - they all had surface scratching on the finish somewhere. Extremely poor quality for the price. The HEIL PL-2T is better for the same design.

Associate
My latest case from Flavourly. :D

1T34Nst.jpg

Contains:

2 x Cameron’s Brewery Surf Lager
2 x Fourpure Jet Lager
2 x Fourpure Geyser Session IPA
4 x Fourpure Monument Valley Tangerine Pale Ale
2 x Fourpure Yosemite Small Pale
2 x Wild Beer Co. Eagle Hunter Pale Ale
2 x Wild Beer Co. Comet Lager
2 x Wild Beer Co. I-Love-Yuzu Citrus Pale Ale
2 x By the Horns Brewing Kokomo Fruit Pale Ale

What are the canned on dates like? Whenever I have ordered from one of them websites (usually a discounted trial, then cancel sub) they have been 6-9 months old and overall pretty poor beers.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wife decided we need a new table and chairs for the kitchen, so we have one. We did buy 6 chairs but it looked a little too busy with that many and we rarely sit 6 with just the 3 of us. The 2 extra chairs are now being used upstairs so can be added if needed.

DSCF8637.jpg

DSCF8639.jpg

DSCF8642.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i suppose i bought some screws for my latest arch ,my ex made me in her workshop ,oak and copper all reclaimed ,and a tin off b and m garden paint for the table and chairs ,tend to get freecycle stuff or free on gumtree ,loads from the beach also

IMG-20200427-141504.jpg

Screenshot-20200508-091821-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Soldato
I bought and built a PC for the first time in roughly 10 years! Sourced with parts from the members market, OcUK and other e-tailers.

k3EQIXl.jpg

sOMwRHS.jpg

GUuGBtO.jpg

Squeezed inside a Fractal Define Nano is;

Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
i5 9600k
MSI GTX 1070 Quicksilver
Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz 16gb
Corsair 480gb MP510 M.2
Corsair H115i
Corsair ML fans throughout
Be Quiet! SFX-L 500w

Last edited:
Caporegime
Be careful with ambient noise. Condenser mics pick up a LOT - dynamics are better suited for desktop usage tbh. As you noted, however, they are more expensive generally because they require a lot of gain so it requires extra gear like a cloudlifter for low powered interfaces.
Yeah I am playing with the settings/levels and doing testing - also mic positioning is playing a big part here (probably obvious to some, but not to me, this is very new) - during a stream last night after changing mic position, voice was much better with heavily reduced echo and ambient noise was better also - the main thing I want to iron out now is reducing of other pickups like keyboard and mouse clicks. It'll get there :)

Back
Top Bottom