Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
Which one did you pick up ? I hear a few of them are worth grabbing for the price.

I’m testing a few Amouage and Diptyque at the moment. :) the ones I like most are

amouage - reflection (really digging this one!), overture and jubilation xxv.

diptyque - philosykos edp and tam dao.
I picked this one up, had to order from the German eBay as it was cheaper.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173150597689

Have you smelt Tom Ford - Vetiver? It’s amazing!

Soldato
I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m really enjoying beau de jour, so I’ll check it out !

For anyone interested.. there’s a new acqua di gio on the horizon. (People are just getting their hands on it this week) looks like their take on blue

svl9g9fl.jpg

Soldato
Haven’t posted in a while.. as I haven’t bought much in this current climate.

but a bottle of Escentric Molecule, Molecule 01 turned up in the post today. Really happy with it ! Comes in an anodised aluminium box. Nice presentation. Smells awesome for the price !

V_R

V_R

Soldato

but a bottle of Escentric Molecule, Molecule 01 turned up in the post today. Really happy with it ! Comes in an anodised aluminium box. Nice presentation. Smells awesome for the price !
You confused me with the user name change for a second!

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Simone-Andreoli/Malibu-Party-in-the-Bay-49244.html

Got a bottle of this recently after a getting some in a split, stunning summer scent, if you've smelt Creed's Virgin Island Water this is that but with added lime and a more 'fun' vibe.

I've also bought a bottle of Armaf Milestone as I love Creed's MI. Should be here in a few days.

Soldato
You confused me with the user name change for a second!

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Simone-Andreoli/Malibu-Party-in-the-Bay-49244.html

Got a bottle of this recently after a getting some in a split, stunning summer scent, if you've smelt Creed's Virgin Island Water this is that but with added lime and a more 'fun' vibe.

I've also bought a bottle of Armaf Milestone as I love Creed's MI. Should be here in a few days.

Haha, yeah ! I’d had my previous name so long I don’t even know why I chose it, so decided on a change :p

I love ViW. I’ll have to check that alternative out. I tried Hawaii volcano by Alexandria but it is missing the rum note so it’s not quite the same.

armaf milestone looks interesting. Let us know your thoughts !

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Malibu isn't a direct copy of VIW, its similar but has more of a lime punch. VIW is smoother, more grown up. :)

As for the ARMAF, Will do. I hope its good as MI is one of my all time fav's.

Associate

I got a pre-mixed bottle of iso-e of eBay and added some timbersilk and sylvander. I can not tell them apart, lasts all day. Had a few ask what I'm wearing - I just say armani most of the time though haha its easier.

Soldato
armaf milestone looks interesting. Let us know your thoughts !
As for the ARMAF, Will do. I hope its good as MI is one of my all time fav's.

Its a good clone, I have a 2013 bottle of MI and its very difficult to tell them apart. Creed version feels a bit more airy and notes are slightly more defined.

Update:
Been wearing MI and Milestone side by side today. I still rate MI as a much better fragrance, there is a nice light fruity accord and when it drys down the signature Creed ambergris note appears, which is missing in the linear Milestone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some new samples in the post today.

le Labo Santal 33
Bond no.9 Bleecker Street
Acqua Di Gio Profondo

currently testing santal 33. I’m liking it ! :)

Soldato
Ordered a bottle of Missoni Pour Homme which turned up this morning. Great fragrance for the price (paid £31 for 50ml) hefty glass bottle with a magnetic cap.

Reviews say it smells similar to Bleu De Chanel (I’m not really getting that personally, but I can see why some are saying this) overall I’m impressed though ! Very versatile, can be worn in the heat of summer, or the cold of winter. The atomiser is fantastic, reminds me of the Dior atomisers.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Missoni/Missoni-Parfum-Pour-Homme-45285.html

Edit. I’ve also got a bottle of hanae mori HiM edp on the way too. 50ml cost me £16. :D

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Hanae-Mori/HiM-16099.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked some Creed Viking up, seems decent

just need somewhere to got to wear it :D
Nice pick up. I like Viking :) I only have a sample, but from what I’ve tested, it’s a really fresh, modern barbershop :D my only issue was it didn’t last too long. (Tbh, most fragrances these days don’t last that long. Dior Homme Parfum being the exception which lasts 12+ hours)

Don
Nice pick up. I like Viking :) I only have a sample, but from what I’ve tested, it’s a really fresh, modern barbershop :D my only issue was it didn’t last too long. (Tbh, most fragrances these days don’t last that long. Dior Homme Parfum being the exception which lasts 12+ hours)

unlike Aventus where your clothes still smell of it a week later :D

Soldato
Associate
Has anyone got any personal experience of any copycat type aftershave companies? I keep seeing adverts on Facebook with lots of rave reviews, but not sure if I can trust those reviews thinking they may be paid for reviews etc.

I think one company was called copycat fragrances and the other I think was the essence vault. I can't bring myself to pay full whack for the likes of aventus etc.

Back
Top Bottom