Tenda Nova Mw3 poor WiFi speed

Associate
Hi There

I’m new to this forum and was wondering if there’s anyone out there that can possibly please help me with the following....

I have a Tenda nova Mw3 mesh WiFi setup connected to my stock Vodafone broadband router. I have a sync speed to my house of approx 65mbps and when connect to the Tenda base unit with an Ethernet cable the speed is a respectable 58mbps.

My problem is when I connect to the Tenda network via WiFi, the speed drops to below 30mbps and when I move to other points in the house on the mesh network it can drop to 5mbps.

The Tenda setup is in DHCP mode and I have disable the broadcasting of a WiFi signal from the Vodafone router. I’ve rebooted both the Vodafone and Tenda networks several times but the WiFi speed is just not improving. Any advice that helps me achieve optimum speed is gratefully received.

Associate
OP
Nodes are all green. Have tried resetting everything and starting over again and still the same result in regards to poor WiFi speeds.

Also tried setting Tenda into bridge mode and but when I do that I just get a red light on the tenda base unit and can’t connect to the network.

Any advice is welcome cos I’m at the point of throwing these on eBay and opting for a different setup. Have heard that BT whole home discs are a safer bet.

Caporegime
You should have the Tenda in bridge mode if your Vodafone router is still dishing out IP addresses via DHCP and you're not replacing it with a standalone modem or putting the Vodafone router in bridge or modem only mode (if it even allows that).

I'd say factory reset it all, turn off the vodafone router, plug in the Tenda system and set it to bridge mode and turn on the voda router while doing that. If you do manage to get it to detect an internet connection go with fixed channels on wifi and cycle through channels 1, 6, 11 on 2.4Ghz (these are the only non-overlapping channels) and anything from 36-48 on the 5Ghz band.

If that doesn't work chuck it back in the box and send it back. Google Nest Wifi seems to be the best choice atm.

Associate
I top the question of doopydug, did you manage to solve the issue?
I am having exatcly the same case.

Broadband router connection is 60-100mbps while the tenda nova speeds are almost exactly 20mbps on any device.

Back
Top Bottom