Sim racers - what are you running?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Here's a question.

Id quite like a new wheelbase but its on the backburner at the moment. So in the meantime I have been maximising what I've got. (T300RS)

I have always set up my wheels to be on 80% force feedback then set up in game.
I feel this has always lead to haphazard experiences with FFB in the games I play. I know, lazy guy. we all have more time on our hands though right?

I've just used wheelcheck, ffb clip tool and its made AC force feedback basically bang on. much more powerful and realistic feeling. complements buttkicker telemetry perfectly now.

Only issue, thats just AC.

how do i transfer this type of thing into other titles as it has really transformed the wheel for me.

I get that doing it this way is perhaps going to be laborious and very per title but surely there should be this sort of optimisation at driver level from the hardware manufacturers?

or am I approaching this all wrong. FFB setup advice greatly appreciated.

Gear news - Handbrake mounting feels perfect now.
Tempted to get an upright extrusion for the shifter arm to make it solid.

hseJKsQl.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
I also have the T300RS and so far have been very happy with it - mainly use it for Forza games and Grid etc.
I will have to check out the Wheelcheck ffb clip tool and give it a try, although it sounds a bit of a pain if you have to tailor it to every game.

I'm very interested in your handbrake and have been after something similar to complement my rig for ages. Can you please give me more info?

TIA

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Ok so my rig is a simlabs gt1 Evo. The handbrake is fanatec and the mount was a solution from Trak Racer. They sell a bunch of handbrake mounts and combos for shifters but I got the handbrake mounted to the side of my shifter and hated it.

This uses standard 8020 fitting hardware to mount to the inner part of the 8020 and you can the position the handbrake accordingly.

https://www.trakracer.co.uk/product/handbrake-mount/

It's set up how it would be in a road car now but slightly more prominent to make it easier to grab.

Soldato
I also have the T300RS and so far have been very happy with it - mainly use it for Forza games and Grid etc.
I will have to check out the Wheelcheck ffb clip tool and give it a try, although it sounds a bit of a pain if you have to tailor it to every game.

I'm very interested in your handbrake and have been after something similar to complement my rig for ages. Can you please give me more info?

TIA

To be honest, a better wheel is wasted on those titles anyway. I got a better force feedback from a £50 Logitech PS2 wheel with iRacing than a Fanatec CSW with Forza. Disappointed didn't even cover it, went back to using a pad sat on the sofa!

Associate
GT Omega Apex Rig (wheel stand and rear support combined to make a full rig, I'm actually quite impressed with it)
Thrustmaster T300
G27 pedals with bodner converter
Thrustmaster H shifter
Oculus Quest

I'm getting itchy feet with the T300 and I keep looking at upgrades, but the step up in price from this wheel substantial. At the end of the day the wheel serves me well.

I'm quite impressed with the GT Omega rig, it's really quite sturdy and comfortable. The only con is that I could easily brake my ankle each time I get in because there is no flat floor below the wheel- not a problem when driving, just for climbing in and out the rig.

I'm fed up with the Quest though, it is the most uncomfortable VR headset I've tried. I'm honestly close to getting the Vive back out the cupboard because the comfort is so poor. It's just the the Quest is so much clearer than the Vive and the screen door effect is almost non existent. I've also been looking out for a Rift S but they are like gold dust at the moment.

Associate
My racing setup has been okay, Was thinking of going Load cell on the pedals. Made me realise id better sort my rig out as the chair i use you can not fix the back from leaning and is mesh so is very flexable. Anyway going to build myself a basic rig from 40x40 extrusions with the wheel still desk mounted. Should be a fun learning curve to build it. Anyone any advice on this before i begin?

Associate
Recently got into sim racing, picked up a t150 pro and have just got a playseat challenge that it's now attached to, gives me the freedom to move between my pc rig or use the big screen at the ps4

Associate
I've had a T300RS with T3PA and a TH8A for a few years now waiting for a sim rig. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Trak Racer TR8 Mach 3 that should land in a few weeks.

I'm looking at displays now. I'll be running PC and PS4 through it and next-gen towards the end of the year. I've got 3x Asus TUF 4k 60Hz monitors on my desk at the moment. Lovely display, but worried the 60Hz is going to hamper me... Am I worrying about morning?

Associate
I've had a T300RS with T3PA and a TH8A for a few years now waiting for a sim rig. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Trak Racer TR8 Mach 3 that should land in a few weeks.

I'm looking at displays now. I'll be running PC and PS4 through it and next-gen towards the end of the year. I've got 3x Asus TUF 4k 60Hz monitors on my desk at the moment. Lovely display, but worried the 60Hz is going to hamper me... Am I worrying about morning?
Could a PS4 even support 3 displays over 60hz?

I think 3 monitors is probably better than 1 at higher rates. I use 1 144hz or if I'm on the TV it's 60hz and I don't think the 144hz is that much better, I prefer the bigger screen/more view.

Back
Top Bottom