X4 Foundations

Soldato
Soldato
noob question, anyone know where i can get hold of unstable crystals, I need some for a mission.

Ta

Easy. Go to a sector where you know there are many miners (including yours). Stay in the area for 10 minutes and you will gather a lot and not only unstable crystals, but lodestones and spacefly eggs. (25 of these are over 1 million sale value and need mostly to open black markets ).

Otherwise go to some asteroid fields (eg Grand Exchange III) and farm for crystals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Easy. Go to a sector where you know there are many miners (including yours). Stay in the area for 10 minutes and you will gather a lot and not only unstable crystals, but lodestones and spacefly eggs. (25 of these are over 1 million sale value and need mostly to open black markets ).

Otherwise go to some asteroid fields (eg Grand Exchange III) and farm for crystals.

nice one thanks.

Man of Honour
I'm pushing for the Xtreme achievements and to do this as a trader I need lots of modules. So I've started building 5 of these at 1.6 billion each and consisting of 2100 modules each:

Associate
I'm pushing for the Xtreme achievements and to do this as a trader I need lots of modules. So I've started building 5 of these at 1.6 billion each and consisting of 2100 modules each:

I don't have the patience to sit and layout massive stations like that.
Most of the time I'll do lots of little stations near each other and will simply throw all the parts I want into the area and then click the random button a couple of times so the game links it all together for me.

Man of Honour
I don't have the patience to sit and layout massive stations like that.
Most of the time I'll do lots of little stations near each other and will simply throw all the parts I want into the area and then click the random button a couple of times so the game links it all together for me.

It doesn’t take too long with the argon parts. You can quickly copy and paste the sequences. It just starts to bog down a bit as the complex gets bigger. Any bigger than this and the screen will start to artefact too.

Soldato
I can't remember from before are the terrain ships good/different from what we have?

I know taste is subjective of course, but now having had ara good look through them all, Split ships are some much nicer.

Some of the Teladi ships are cool, i like the industrial look to them.

Argon... Pfffft some ok, quasar fighter is cool, the behemoth destroyer is ok, rest are a bit meh.

Don't get me started on Paranid ships.

Man of Honour
I can't remember from before are the terrain ships good/different from what we have?

I know taste is subjective of course, but now having had ara good look through them all, Split ships are some much nicer.

Some of the Teladi ships are cool, i like the industrial look to them.

Argon... Pfffft some ok, quasar fighter is cool, the behemoth destroyer is ok, rest are a bit meh.

Don't get me started on Paranid ships.

It’s a shame they didn’t put the same effort into the other ships, I sometimes think the textures haven’t loaded when I see the paranid or argon ships. I only use split ships now, they just look fantastic and out perform most others too. I can’t remember much about the Terran other than their technology being really advanced, but looking more familiar to our space program.

Soldato
It’s a shame they didn’t put the same effort into the other ships, I sometimes think the textures haven’t loaded when I see the paranid or argon ships. I only use split ships now, they just look fantastic and out perform most others too. I can’t remember much about the Terran other than their technology being really advanced, but looking more familiar to our space program.

Yea defo, modded up dragon raider is crazy fast and agile for an M.

I'd be interested to mod up a rattlesnake just to see how manoeuvrable you could get it.

On that subject, rattlesnakes are OP IMO, with only a couple I wiped Xenon out of sector after sector. I've had one of mine solo an I9, let alone K9's.

Man of Honour
Yea defo, modded up dragon raider is crazy fast and agile for an M.

I'd be interested to mod up a rattlesnake just to see how manoeuvrable you could get it.

On that subject, rattlesnakes are OP IMO, with only a couple I wiped Xenon out of sector after sector. I've had one of mine solo an I9, let alone K9's.

Agreed, I find a few hundred Rattlesnakes get the job done.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got an issue with my station traders, in that their not actually trading. I've started to rebuild my facilities in Company Regard, splitting my refineries and intermediate wares in to seperate facilities, e.g. my graphene refinery has 32 miners and kicks out enough to sustain a full train of factories and shipyard. The issue I'm facing is that while the station that requires the wares is going of to purchase its base needs, the selling stations trader are not selling the wares to that station; they're just floating in space idle- both stations are in the same system with buy/sell set to automatic.

Is this normal, or do I need to tweak my settings differently?

Soldato
I've got an issue with my station traders, in that their not actually trading. I've started to rebuild my facilities in Company Regard, splitting my refineries and intermediate wares in to seperate facilities, e.g. my graphene refinery has 32 miners and kicks out enough to sustain a full train of factories and shipyard. The issue I'm facing is that while the station that requires the wares is going of to purchase its base needs, the selling stations trader are not selling the wares to that station; they're just floating in space idle- both stations are in the same system with buy/sell set to automatic.

Is this normal, or do I need to tweak my settings differently?

I'm having all sorts of problems getting traders to work between player owned stations.

Back
Top Bottom