Which Oculus VR .. I have a decent gaming PC but yeh!

Associate
i have a decent PC and really not much space so not sure which VR to get Quest or the Rift S .

best gaming experience. i am able to get the 128gb quest cost a lot more and the rift S

need help .. many steam games f1 sairento but is it worth getting the Rift s for the better game selection and or quest is the same?

so which woudl you say?

cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Better off asking in the VR forum I suspect, for my money I'd go with the S over the Quest, but if you want to be able to use the thing without a pc at all then you'll need the Quest.

Soldato
limited in what respect, as i hears its all about the gameplay not graphics so much... appreciate it, just need to try both really
anywone have?

I personally have no issues with the long cable and the rift S. I normally play beat saber and use some of my room. I definitely don't have a entire empty room for full room scale that the quest could provide. Plus I find getting full use of my gpu far better for VR games as you can really increase the AA and make the experience even better. Overall I'd buy a valve headset but failing that rift s if you have a decent gaming rig or a quest for mobile phone like games.

Soldato
You can connect the Quest to a PC to play Oculus/Stream VR games on it either using a cable or over WiFi using virtual desktop.

Don't buy the 128Gb. The 64Gb it's more storage than you'll ever need as most Quest games are only a couple of Gigabytes.

The Rift S will be better if you only ever use it connected to a computer but the Quest gives you the option of connecting it to a PC or using it standalone which is nice to have.

Soldato
Yes you are better off going into the VR Forum but if you dont mind being tethered and want the best visuals then a Rift S or one of the Valves. If you want to be gaming wirelessly then the Quest is a good compromise as well as native Quest games you can play any Steam or Oculus VR PC Game streamed to it via the Oculus Link or the rather excellent Virtual Desktop for wireless PC Gaming providing you have a decent 5ghz WIFI. This let me play PC games outside in the garden.

Soldato
Having recently dabbled with a Quest both natively and streaming it over my 2080ti 97k desktop, it blows my mind how people can prefer the screen door over slightly less black. Actually in a game that's not prominently black it's not an issue anyway, which is most of them. Screen door however is ever present, the evil of VR and makes everything look poor.

Honestly it's like rolling the clock back 4 years with the Quest if you've experienced near zero SDE on the Index or I presume the Rift S.

Unless mobility means that much to you (it's great selling point), then it's an S or Index or whatever else if your a desktop gamer.

Soldato
it blows my mind how people can prefer the screen door over slightly less black.

I've never used a Rift S so can't judge the differences, was simply pointing out that there are pros and cons to both. That said, my Rift is used 90% for Elite so blacks are definitely important to me and the screen door effect bothers me not in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom