Amazon Music

Soldato
Not really sure which section would be best for this so...

I’ve had an Echo Dot for well over a year and to be fair it has served it purpose reasonably well as a radio during that time.
Last week we decided to give Amazon music a try as it’s a 1 month free trial but, tracks stutter quite frequently, radio is ok just not the streaming of Amazon music is the problem.

Whilst perusing the internet for an answer to this, one suggestion was to change the frequency from 2.4Ghz - 5 in the router settings alas, it’s still stuttering throughout. Now I know many of you have streaming services and some use Amazon hardware.
Have any of you had similar issues and resolved it?

Soldato
OP
May have solved this by simply moving the Echo nearer to the router. Only problem now is I have the Echo in my living room opposed to the kitchen where I prefer to listen.
Is there a way I can move my Echo back to the kitchen without losing connection?

Soldato
Unless you're living in a very large house, or a house with thick internal stone walls, I'd say you have an issue with your WiFi if it's not covering the house. Might be interference from other stuff on the spectrum so a channel change may help.

Caporegime
Changing to 5GHz actually makes the problem worse because the higher frequencies have poorer penetration of walls.

Unless you're living in a very large house, or a house with thick internal stone walls, I'd say you have an issue with your WiFi if it's not covering the house. Might be interference from other stuff on the spectrum so a channel change may help.

The crap router ISP's often don't have very good wifi coverage in my experience, for example my Virgin box barely has a usable signal a couple of rooms away, doesn't matter what channel it's on. Whereas my ubiquity wifi AP can be in the basement and provide a strong signal 3 floors up.

Soldato
OP
Changing to 5GHz actually makes the problem worse because the higher frequencies have poorer penetration of walls.

The crap router ISP's often don't have very good wifi coverage in my experience, for example my Virgin box barely has a usable signal a couple of rooms away, doesn't matter what channel it's on. Whereas my ubiquity wifi AP can be in the basement and provide a strong signal 3 floors up.

Amended back to 2.4Ghz

Soldato
OP
Download a WiFi analyzer app to your phone and check signal levels in your kitchen . A neighbours WiFi may be on the same channel interfering with your signal

I only live in a flat and the kitchen is across from the living room but the drop in speed is remarkable. The difference must be at least 70%

Soldato
if he hasn't had problems with dot radio stations reception (and some are 320Kb/s) then not sure why amazon music should be impacted particularly, by wifi, say ? ...
Isp' are not currently limiting amazon media bandwidth ? (but audio should be peanut versus video)

Back
Top Bottom