Man tasered in front of his kid at petrol station

Soldato
Nonsense. The issue here is the man being tasered in front of his child. His race is completely irrelevant. Unless you choose it not to be, of course.

If he had a gun and was pointing it at Police he would've been shot infront of the kid as well, it's really easy to not get arrested or tasered, yet in every single video I see like this you have some guy not complying with Police instructions. Drop that entitled attitude and listen to their instructions and you'll be fine. Period.

Permabanned
Nonsense. The issue here is the man being tasered in front of his child. His race is completely irrelevant. Unless you choose it not to be, of course.

If the sensitivity of people's kids was used to pressurise our police to go soft on crime there would be many who would happily weaponise them. The kid, assuming he was the father, should probably have been taken into care whilst his background and suitability as a parent was carefully investigated.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
If he had a gun and was pointing it at Police he would've been shot infront of the kid as well, it's really easy to not get arrested or tasered, yet in every single video I see like this you have some guy not complying with Police instructions. Drop that entitled attitude and listen to their instructions and you'll be fine. Period.
So where does race come into this?

I haven’t watched the video as I had had enough after the first 2 seconds of “daddy, daddy”. Does the gentleman play the race card?

Soldato
I feel bad for the child, irresponsible father endangered his life and then having to witness watching his dad collapse totto floor with some angry bloke yelling at him.

Even though he was resisting I'm sure those two coppers could have brought him under control (one looked a lot bigger then the suspect) and put the links on him without having to use a Taser.

I feel bad for the child, irresponsible father endangered his life and then having to witness watching his dad collapse totto floor with some angry bloke yelling at him.

Even though he was resisting I'm sure those two coppers could have brought him under control (one looked a lot bigger then the suspect) and put the links on him without having to use a Taser.
Why should the Police risk their health for a drunk idiot?
The bloke got what he deserved.

Caporegime
I find that hard to believe considering how they work.

A spark gap is only used on some types of tasers to prevent the voltage across the step-up transformer from going so high as to cause a flashover and damage the unit.

I'm going to need citations for both of those please.

You seriously need a citation to prove that a fall can cause serious injury, or high voltage electrical shock can result in heart problems? I can't believe I'm reading this.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/police-killed-1000-people-tasers-since-2000

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/23/cops-raise-taser-safety-claims/

Routine training exercise results in police officer with severe spinal injuries.

Soldato
So where does race come into this?

I haven’t watched the video as I had had enough after the first 2 seconds of “daddy, daddy”. Does the gentleman play the race card?

Nah, it's the reason it has the outrage mob on Twitter all over it though, like people wouldn't seriously care if it was a white guy

Associate
This seemed like an inappropriate use of Taser. None of the allege offence indicates violence. The officer clearly pushed the man forward before Tasering him without any warning.

Caporegime
This seemed like an inappropriate use of Taser. None of the allege offence indicates violence. The officer clearly pushed the man forward before Tasering him without any warning.

The officer didn't clearly do that at all considering he's standing at the guys side and the guy lunges forwards towards the other officer.
After repeatedly resisting attempts to restrain him.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Associate
The officer didn't clearly do that at all considering he's standing at the guys side and the guy lunges forwards towards the other officer.
After repeatedly resisting attempts to restrain him.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

The Officer pushed the guy causing him to lunge forward before being tasered. Seems like the Tasering was premeditated looking at the action of the Officer.

Man of Honour

But then what happens if the child runs off, maybe runs into the road and gets hit by a car, while the two officers are man handling the guy? or one leaves to go after the kid and his partner gets assaulted by the guy? I've seen smaller guys resort to dirty tactics like their car keys in their fist, etc. before so size isn't everything.

In an ideal world they should really have waited until backup arrived so someone could take charge of the kid but I don't know what the situation was in that respect. Tasing the guy was a perfectly acceptable second best course of action given that he was uncooperative at best.

EDIT: Horrid thing for the kid to experience but there are many ways that night could have ended far worse for the kid.

Associate
His hand is on the front of his arm. How did that cause him to go forwards?

No, the officer's hand was behind the victim's upper part of right arm. There was sufficient force causing the victim to lunge forward.

You must be looking at the video a couple of seconds before when the Officer's hand was in a different position as you described.

Caporegime
No, the officer's hand was behind the victim's upper part of right arm. There was sufficient force causing the victim to lunge forward.

You must be looking at the video a couple of seconds before when the Officer's hand was in a different position as you described.

Post a screenshot with timestamp please.

Caporegime

You ever tried restraining someone?

Back
Top Bottom