Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
I actually could do with that....I have no experience regarding tools, is this good bang for buck? It's only £27 on Amazon.

I got this from Amazon. I normally go for Bahco tools as they are really nice for the price but I needed something quicker. Reviews looked good and they feel nice

Luxury to have all the bits already in a socket you flash git.
Nothing beats trying to find the socket for the bits for hours

Oh I know the feeling. However, my OCD has taught me to make sure I return things to the right place so I don't have to search later. You can tell I never became a mechanic...

Soldato
I actually could do with that....I have no experience regarding tools, is this good bang for buck? It's only £27 on Amazon.

I have a few Draper tools - Think they're considered on the lower priced/quality sort of sector, but I've not had any bad experiences.

As The Candyman said, I also typically try and get Bahco toolsets - They're great quality (particularly like the adjustable grips).

Caporegime
Bacho do one that’s similar but much more compact, think it goes up to 13mm sockets

You mean this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-SL25...=diy&sprefix=Bacho+socket,diy,143&sr=1-1&th=1

What really bugs me is that if you get that and you want more tools...the larger sets overlaps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-S330...=diy&sprefix=Bacho+socket,diy,143&sr=1-5&th=1

Ideally I want to start with the smaller one and possibly expand as I need to without overlapping.

Soldato
IMG-20200509-230435.jpg[img]

Powering a pair of DT 1990 Pro's

Soldato
That’s the one. It’s really compact so it lives in the house most of the time.

Soldato
Draper socket sets won't stand up to much. I mean if you're driving screw and allen heads with a ratchet then it's probably fine, you'll just be chewing up bolts instead :p

It depends on the jobs you're doing. As mentioned Bahco are really good quality for small and compact sets, I carry one around with me at work.

Personally I'd buy a Halfords 200pc socket set and never buy another one again.

Soldato
I have the same set - the only thing I don’t like about it is the 3/8”s set goes quite high but the wrench is quite short so. In terms of kit it’s got most things though, you definitely need longer wrench/ratchets though. And it’s bloody huge!

Soldato
Having problem playing PS4 with a controller I found these and thought I buy it so I can get around to play The Last of Us among others. It's an controller so you can use mouse and keyboard. So instead of using a normal sized keyboard I bought a very small one, which covers all the functions that the Tin200 'converts' from controller to keyboard. And since I needed new keyboard and mouse to use the converter anyway, they were also of the same brand to make sure maximum compatibility. And a mega mouse mat thrown in there as well for good measure.

Only problem is... I started playing Mass Effect before I got the goods and now 'addictive' to that game so be a while before using these. :o :p

fAPsmgj.jpg

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
yeh these can get ridiculously cheap now and again ,i have a small set ,i am trained as a ford technician ,we used to have a snap on van come round ,that costs a fortune but is awesome (or was back in the day)

still pricey https://shop.snapon.com/product/Metric-Sets-A/Complete-Metric-Set-A/9100GMBO

The snap on stuff is lovely, but is it worth the money over halfords professional that has lifetime warranty? I have the 200pc set and I've pulled RS4 engine. 'box etc. mostly with that set (a few impacts for the air gun added). Whilst I'd love to have the Snap-on stuff, I just can't see the value in it. I suppose it does keep money well...

Associate
Having problem playing PS4 with a controller I found these and thought I buy it so I can get around to play The Last of Us among others. It's an controller so you can use mouse and keyboard. So instead of using a normal sized keyboard I bought a very small one, which covers all the functions that the Tin200 'converts' from controller to keyboard. And since I needed new keyboard and mouse to use the converter anyway, they were also of the same brand to make sure maximum compatibility. And a mega mouse mat thrown in there as well for good measure.

Only problem is... I started playing Mass Effect before I got the goods and now 'addictive' to that game so be a while before using these. :o :p

fAPsmgj.jpg
That looks great, i never knew you could get an adapter like that for the console.
Might have to get myself one of those as I’m terrible with joypads when aiming.

Back
Top Bottom