My sons first YouTube

Soldato
Thumbed it up.

Concise and well delivered, which is just how such a video should be in my opinion.

You've got a talented young man there, with great taste in games/sims!

I would recommend adjusting audio levels in future videos however, he's a little hard to hear over the game at times. There's actually a really good free group of programs that can help manage how your audio comes across during recording from a company called VB Audio, specifically VoiceMeeter which I use myself. There's some helpful and straight forward tutorials out there that take a few minutes to follow/set things up, that combined with a little post editing and it can make a world of difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thumbed it up.

Concise and well delivered, which is just how such a video should be in my opinion.

You've got a talented young man there, with great taste in games/sims!

I would recommend adjusting audio levels in future videos however, he's a little hard to hear over the game at times. There's actually a really good free group of programs that can help manage how your audio comes across during recording from a company called VB Audio, specifically VoiceMeeter which I use myself. There's some helpful and straight forward tutorials out there that take a few minutes to follow/set things up, that combined with a little post editing and it can make a world of difference.
Thanks. Used OBS and realised sound was a bit off afterwards. Especially when the engines are running and that taxi plugin starts making announcements.

Will take a look at the programs for his next video.

Soldato
Thanks. Used OBS and realised sound was a bit off afterwards. Especially when the engines are running and that taxi plugin starts making announcements.

No problem.

Getting sound right for video uploads is probably the biggest pain in the bum in the process of video creation in my opinion, there's so much to take into account and each factor can have a fairly big impact on the end product. A lot of people on youtube are a bit lazy in this respect and they just lower game volume to the point where their voice drowns everything out, but I think that method loses a little something depending on what they're showcasing.

I'll be happy to watch his next video, always wanted to get into X-Plane and he definitely knows what he's doing!

Associate
Great video, I've always avoided the larger planes in these sims but this has made me feel like giving the 737 a go. Top stuff.

Associate

Set OBS to record voice on a separate track to gamer audio. That way you can edit the sound levels in post.

Soldato
OP
This is fantastic.

Beginning to think I should have uploaded this to his own account. Although I think the t&cs don't allow an 8 year old to have an account. Although he does for his tablet, but we lock it down under family link.

Just been googling. I think I can create multiple channels, so perhaps that is the answer. He can have this channel with his name on it etc.

Soldato
OP
Well that was easy. Create a brand account and moved my channel over to that, and deleted all my rubbish videos and left just his. It said comments would not carry over, but it looks like they did.

Back
Top Bottom