• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
As usual asus will have the most expensive card until evga crap out their kingpin card. I think £700 tops for the ti is where they should be but will likely be more expensive.
considered the Titan but if i can get a 3080ti for £700, i think i'll buy 2 and go SLI.

Honestly i'll be very surprised if they are below £1000. They would have to drop the 2080Ti to <£400 in order to shift 3080Ti cards if they release at £700.

Associate
Some people here seem to be predicting that prices will fall. I can’t see it, myself. That would be very un Nvidia-like. If the economy really tanks and sales are poor then maybe they’ll drop a little, after a while. But Nvidia has always been about pushing to see what the market will tolerate.

bru

bru

Soldato
Some people here seem to be predicting that prices will fall. I can’t see it, myself. That would be very un Nvidia-like. If the economy really tanks and sales are poor then maybe they’ll drop a little, after a while. But Nvidia has always been about pushing to see what the market will tolerate.

Prices certainly wont fall a lot but I wouldn't be surprised to see a top tier card at $999, just so it is that magical under a thousand, making it slightly cheaper but not by much.

Associate
The 1080ti was ~$700 and was faster than it's predecessor by a larger margin than the 2080ti.

Nvidia PR should do political campaigns because they seem to be great at shifting perception away from reality.

Only the gullible, its when you have people on these very forums believing and restating the PR in defence of a corporation it get truly concerning. Just pick a good charity if you want to throw your money away

Associate
Only the gullible, its when you have people on these very forums believing and restating the PR in defence of a corporation it get truly concerning. Just pick a good charity if you want to throw your money away

As is often the case in new graphic card threads, you seem to have completely overlooked the point that people are aware of all of the known moral and financial issues when buying an Nvidia card but want the fastest card and they can just afford it. Then you have the weird sentiment that is "you are a mug for buying at x price, please don't so the price comes down and then I can buy it" attitude thinking that someone's purchasing decision of luxury goods is based on someone else not being able to afford it.

I will buy a 3080ti when it comes out based purely on the numbers. Nothing to do with Nvidia marketing which is generally a cringe fest or Jensen's leather jackets. I imagine many buying them feel the same. It's a very simple, is it faster? The issue is the people who don't want people to spend their money how they want and resort to playground name calling.

Caporegime
D
As is often the case in new graphic card threads, you seem to have completely overlooked the point that people are aware of all of the known moral and financial issues when buying an Nvidia card but want the fastest card and they can just afford it. Then you have the weird sentiment that is "you are a mug for buying at x price, please don't so the price comes down and then I can buy it" attitude thinking that someone's purchasing decision of luxury goods is based on someone else not being able to afford it.

I will buy a 3080ti when it comes out based purely on the numbers. Nothing to do with Nvidia marketing which is generally a cringe fest or Jensen's leather jackets. I imagine many buying them feel the same. It's a very simple, is it faster? The issue is the people who don't want people to spend their money how they want and resort to playground name calling.
Do yourself a favour and put him (and those of a similar angsty-teen-****-posting nature) on ignore... your forum experience will greatly improve when you can't see any of their posts. :)

Soldato

If it’s a hobby I don’t see the problem throwing what ever you want to spend. At the end of the day it’s up to you. You don’t have to spend £1000 on a gpu, no ones forcing you to do it if you can’t warrant or afford it.

I have a 2080Ti and it has played many games my 1080Ti couldn’t quite manage and it has been a fantastic experience when I get the chance to game aside from other things. Will I buy a 3080Ti personally, probably not unless it can do 4k 144hz with high-ultra which I highly doubt. To warrant me buying another monitor as my 2080Ti is more than enough for 1440p 144hz and 4k 60hz on my OLED.

3080Ti I can’t see being launched any time soon, certainly not with the first lineup of cards. So I highly doubt I’ll be buying a new GPU for a long time.

Caporegime
If it’s a hobby I don’t see the problem throwing what ever you want to spend. At the end of the day it’s up to you. You don’t have to spend £1000 on a gpu, no ones forcing you to do it if you can’t warrant or afford it.

I have a 2080Ti and it has played many games my 1080Ti couldn’t quite manage and it has been a fantastic experience when I get the chance to game aside from other things. Will I buy a 3080Ti personally, probably not unless it can do 4k 144hz with high-ultra which I highly doubt. To warrant me buying another monitor as my 2080Ti is more than enough for 1440p 144hz and 4k 60hz on my OLED.

3080Ti I can’t see being launched any time soon, certainly not with the first lineup of cards. So I highly doubt I’ll be buying a new GPU for a long time.
1440p is currently the sweet spot for newer games imo, especially if you want some longevity out of your GPU purchases.

Associate

I haven't overlooked it at all, buy what you want but don't defend corporations with BS and their own PR was my point which does happen... a lot. My issue is with the BS and exploitation not peoples purchasing decisions and by not calling it out you're just accepting of it and allowing it to perpetuate. Just ignore it if it makes you feel uncomfortable or you are fully aware already.

Back
Top Bottom