Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Associate
What time does KK arrive on your island? Island is finally at 3 stars and he's coming tomorrow but as this will be the time where I/we (been playing it with my daughter during lockdown which has been an amazing experience btw) "complete" the game, I'm pretty sure my daughter will want to see it as well.
He turned up for me when I turned the game on the next day so I think it's just whenever you jump on it.

Soldato
Loads of new bugs this morning. Love a new month! This game is genius at how it makes you want to keep on playing.

Has Flick always been around? First time seeing her today. Oh, I bought my first fake painting yesterday. Looks ok on my wall though.

Just upgraded my house again. 1.2 million yikes!

Associate
First ever animal crossing for me, wasn't sure I would like it as its WAY off from the usual type of game I would play, took a punt though as I thought I could let the wife play it if I didn't like it

Now im 50hrs in and still enjoying the game lol its quite addictive and I really cant believe im enjoying it, but I am! only just made my campsite, haven't got anywhere close to sorting my island out
and have trees everywhere still lol

Soldato
I am obsessed.

Managed to visit an island last week with turnip sale price at 603. Hoping to repeat this week with the 400k of turnips I bought at 101! Then I can smash out everything I need to get 3 Stars.

Soldato
How do you guys handle the art spotting? I dont want to use a guide that points out the differences, I'm happy to find the originals and compare myself but as I dont know what the paintings are called it's kind of hard.

Associate
How do you guys handle the art spotting? I dont want to use a guide that points out the differences, I'm happy to find the originals and compare myself but as I dont know what the paintings are called it's kind of hard.

First one I knew outright was the girl with the pearl earring. I could see the difference straight away knowing the painting (won't spoil it for you). I managed to find the rest that were for sale that day by searching what I could see in the painting but understand that isn't the best way. The other fakes were a lot more subtle and even if I'd known the original I definitely wouldn't have noticed without looking it up as a reference.

The kind of search I did was "woman pouring milk painting" (the milkmaid), "man wearing blue painting" (the blue boy) and "three women farming painting" (the gleaners). I think they're famous enough for that to at least get you close to finding the real name.

Soldato
First one I knew outright was the girl with the pearl earring. I could see the difference straight away knowing the painting (won't spoil it for you). I managed to find the rest that were for sale that day by searching what I could see in the painting but understand that isn't the best way. The other fakes were a lot more subtle and even if I'd known the original I definitely wouldn't have noticed without looking it up as a reference.

The kind of search I did was "woman pouring milk painting" (the milkmaid), "man wearing blue painting" (the blue boy) and "three women farming painting" (the gleaners). I think they're famous enough for that to at least get you close to finding the real name.

Funnily enough the milk one was the first I got and it didn't register to search like that. Thank you.

Soldato
I managed to get an invite to an island where they were selling for 529 and have 5m in the bank so I think that's my remaining loan/s sorted! Not sure if it'll stretch to bailing out my daughter :eek:

Associate
Finally got around to tidying up the Discord server, which I'd meant to do last week but things got a little crazy.

-- CHANGES --
#server-roles - channel added to support the following:
  • Native fruit roles - one must be assigned to enable chat in all channels. Without a native fruit only #general can be utilised.
  • Flower watering & cataloging roles to indicate you're happy to help others with these tasks. Optional - doesn't grant additional permissions. Is @ mentionable.
  • Stream Supporters role if you wish to be notified when fellow AC folks are streaming - not necessarily AC.
#island-visitors - channel added to support the following & make it easier to glance who is where (just in case general is ever quite busy)
  • Visitor commands - you can indicate you have a visitor via !celeste, !redd etc - it'll ping a message to #general & #island-visitors
Other misc.
  • General tidy up of channel categories.
  • #other-games created for those with AC burnout :p ;).
  • Welcome message DM added.
  • Leaderboard is active - although I've not assigned any fun novelty roles.
Hmm, I think that's about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I've ever had turnips above 150, I'm legit baffled when I see people with 400+. However, as I'm in no rush to burn through the game I'm not going to go to a randos island just to sell them.

Soldato
I lost out last time trying to hold out for a better price. Most I've seen them buying is at 175 bells. I only tried it for a couple of weeks though. I haven't bought any since!

Soldato
Highest I've had is 160-something but my daughter got 502 this week so we made a crazy profit. The day before they spiked up they went really low (28 I think). I work from home and she ran into my office in the middle of a meeting to tell me I needed to come sell turnips :D

Soldato
Finally got around to tidying up the Discord server, which I'd meant to do last week but things got a little crazy.

-- CHANGES --
#server-roles - channel added to support the following:
  • Native fruit roles - one must be assigned to enable chat in all channels. Without a native fruit only #general can be utilised.
  • Flower watering & cataloging roles to indicate you're happy to help others with these tasks. Optional - doesn't grant additional permissions. Is @ mentionable.
  • Stream Supporters role if you wish to be notified when fellow AC folks are streaming - not necessarily AC.
#island-visitors - channel added to support the following & make it easier to glance who is where (just in case general is ever quite busy)
  • Visitor commands - you can indicate you have a visitor via !celeste, !redd etc - it'll ping a message to #general & #island-visitors
Other misc.
  • General tidy up of channel categories.
  • #other-games created for those with AC burnout :p ;).
  • Welcome message DM added.
  • Leaderboard is active - although I've not assigned any fun novelty roles.
Hmm, I think that's about it.

Guys I am in a desperate turnip situation. They are down to about 20 on my island!

It is only about 50k worth, but it would be nice not to take the hit.

Is there are fresh discord invite, as this one seems to be out of date.

Back
Top Bottom