US: Devs

D3K

D3K

Soldato
ya'll ever watch cold lazarus? old scifi tv programme, British one too.

you'd probably recognise a bunch of the actors and in a way its kinda similar to this
I think youre supposed to watch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaoke_(TV_series) first but I don't know if I ever did.
Wow flashback. I instantly recognised the name Cold Lazarus but no other memory of it. I'm sure I watched it back then and the name stuck with me for some reason, especially as something tied to Dennis Potter. Gonna have to find this and watch again!

Soldato
This is truly awful television. The lead 'actress' has quite possibly given the worst performance i've ever seen on screen. Everything about her is terrible. Check out a couple of episodes just to see her in action perhaps, but this is poor and i suggest avoiding it.

I can't fathom how she managed to get a lead role in anything. Her dead eyes, emotionless delivery of lines...there's just nothing there! I can't express enough how plain awful she is.

I've stopped after 3 episodes. I just cant watch her and this show any longer.

Soldato
I can't fathom how she managed to get a lead role in anything. Her dead eyes, emotionless delivery of lines...there's just nothing there! I can't express enough how plain awful she is.

I've stopped after 3 episodes. I just cant watch her and this show any longer.

She is indeed bloody awful and makes it even more hilarious that in episode 3 she pretends to have a nervous break down. Her friend then afterwards praises her that it was Oscar level performance... obviously she getting confused with the Razzies.

Soldato
Garland must see something in Mizuno, as she was in Ex Machina, Annihilation and now Devs.

Amaya, the name of the company in Devs, is the name of Mizuno's niece. The name also appears in Annihilation.

Not sure why he gave her the lead role though. Surely he must have had some say in it, being the writer and director. Maybe he wanted an actor who could portray a walking talking mannequin with ease. :p

Soldato
Watched first 4 episodes last night, went in not knowing anything about the show, glad I'd not seen any trailers as this is so far from what I was expecting. I was thinking another Start up with a hint of Mr Robot and it's so far away from those.

Soldato
Binge watched this over last few nights. Really enjoyed it. Really well put together.

Agreed, watched it myself a few weeks ago and found it really compelling. I can see why some people wouldn't click with it but the weirdness and abstractness of it really appealing to me.

Soldato
I didn't get the ending.
It made sense until the scene where all the devs where in the viewing room and the screen was repeating what they said perfectly. Then Stewart concluded something and decided to kill everyone but I don't know why?
Plus at the end how did he become uploaded, there was never any talk about being able to copy their consciousness or what they were in when he kept changing the type of reality around them. It lost me.

Soldato
I didn't get the ending.
It made sense until the scene where all the devs where in the viewing room and the screen was repeating what they said perfectly. Then Stewart concluded something and decided to kill everyone but I don't know why?
Plus at the end how did he become uploaded, there was never any talk about being able to copy their consciousness or what they were in when he kept changing the type of reality around them. It lost me.

This helped me with the ending

www.denofgeek.com/tv/devs-ending-explained/?amp

Stewart:

Not only does Forest's lack of interest in the past (or poetry) bother Stewart tremendously, but he believes the power of the Devs system is something to be feared. He understands the problem with it. Forest is blind to being scared by it. But Stewart is deeply scared by it.

https://www.insider.com/devs-alex-garland-stewart-finale-explained-2020-4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom