Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Caporegime
More than half way through Reach (which I don't think I have played before) and it's doing a fine job filling the gap after finishing Doom Eternal. Forgot how good the lore, story and score are for the series :D.

Associate
More than half way through Reach (which I don't think I have played before) and it's doing a fine job filling the gap after finishing Doom Eternal. Forgot how good the lore, story and score are for the series :D.

If you like the story of Halo, I recommend taking a look at the novels.

Associate
I waited so long for this to come out on steam, bought an xbox one just to play them all again but then grew out of it. recently started playing destiny 2 and ive clocked nearly 100 hours on it in a matter of weeks, which is unheard of for me nowadays, it just wipes the floor with the halo games now.

Associate
I waited so long for this to come out on steam, bought an xbox one just to play them all again but then grew out of it. recently started playing destiny 2 and ive clocked nearly 100 hours on it in a matter of weeks, which is unheard of for me nowadays, it just wipes the floor with the halo games now.

I just don't get the Destiny longevity. The first mission on the moon with the Hive and first strike soo good. Then the game got very old very fast for me. I picked up all the DLC after the prices dropped for the single player stuff, didn't even finish it in the end.

Halo PvP i remember a true ranking system, 7 friends in competitive and social games, zombies on H2, funny custom games from forge, and even jumping in solo having no issues playing socially.

I really wanted Destiny to top that, or even get close would have been fine. Destiny just didn't have the playlists or world. But, whatever floats your boat :)

Soldato
Anyone playing yet, I have the most fondest memories of Halo 2, maybe more so than Halo CE so looking forward to playing this once I've worked the rest of my way through CE

Associate
Good old Windows Store messing things up again, I download the new 38gb patch and go into game, no Halo 2.

I check for any more updates in the Xbox app but there's nothing there, there is however one queued and ready in the Windows store. I try it from there and it finishes pretty quickly, but still no Halo 2 in game.

Xbox app now shows a new update is needed, the 38gb patch again. I download it for a second time but now the game won't even start. There doesn't seem to be an option to check/repair your installation in the App, the store however does. I hit repair and after a few seconds throws an error back, It does this a few times so I hit the cancel button, now my game is uninstalled :confused:

I'm now downloading the full 70gb game again :(

Soldato
Good old Windows Store messing things up again, I download the new 38gb patch and go into game, no Halo 2.

I check for any more updates in the Xbox app but there's nothing there, there is however one queued and ready in the Windows store. I try it from there and it finishes pretty quickly, but still no Halo 2 in game.

Xbox app now shows a new update is needed, the 38gb patch again. I download it for a second time but now the game won't even start. There doesn't seem to be an option to check/repair your installation in the App, the store however does. I hit repair and after a few seconds throws an error back, It does this a few times so I hit the cancel button, now my game is uninstalled :confused:

I'm now downloading the full 70gb game again :(

Yeh I thought I preloaded it. Now downloading all over again.

Soldato
These are just straight ports of the Xbox One MCC. I was expecting better graphics for some reason. I'd already played all of these on the Xbox One.

Halo Reach in 4K was good, but CE and 2 have no need to be 4K. I'm hoping Halo 3 and 4 look amazing.

Associate
These are just straight ports of the Xbox One MCC. I was expecting better graphics for some reason. I'd already played all of these on the Xbox One.

Halo Reach in 4K was good, but CE and 2 have no need to be 4K. I'm hoping Halo 3 and 4 look amazing.
Halo 2 had a remaster, the others are just running at 60fps increased resolution. So Halo 2 will be better, well depending on your definition of better as i prefer the old art scheme. But it still looks and sound decent. On xbox H2A had frame consistent frame drops, so PC should play better.

Soldato
On xbox H2A had frame consistent frame drops, so PC should play better.

I was getting annoying frame drop issues on the New Mombasa levels last night, so i don't think they have solved it.

Using the tab button to go between the old and new graphics i didn't realise just how "lacking", for want of a better word, the original Xbox games was in some areas, especially textures. It didn't seem that bad when i played it back in 2004.

Last edited:
Associate
I was getting annoying frame drop issues on the New Mombasa levels last night, so i don't think they have solved it.

Using the tab button to go between the old and new graphics i didn't realise just how "lacking", for want of a better word, the original Xbox games was in some areas, especially textures. It didn't seem that bad at the some when i play it back in 2004.

You reckon it was engine based?
I only have a rx460, *gulp*

Back
Top Bottom