Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You can already get the graphics pretty decent considering how old the game is, just YouTube Final fantasy 7 max graphics settings then check some of the videos. I would post but all seem to have swearies =p
Yeah I had that installed, but it does not work with the achievements which I fancy completing. As good as the updated stuff is, it is obviously noway near as good as it would be if the effort they put in FF7R was to be put into it.

Soldato
I wonder if for the next installment they could do similar to Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of world design. They could create a number of smaller maps instead of one big world map. I think it would suit this game quite well. I didn't like Inquisition, but that way of creating the world is solid imo.

Soldato
Yeah I had that installed, but it does not work with the achievements which I fancy completing. As good as the updated stuff is, it is obviously noway near as good as it would be if the effort they put in FF7R was to be put into it.

You'd think, but look at FF8 remastered. Hardly a remaster tbh.

Re: FF7 modding. Unfortunately besides not being able to get Steam achievements it also takes numerous mods to get it looking good enough to not be a distraction for the wrong reasons.

If you mod it right it looks great like the image below.

0fGhaFh.jpg

5gZ5PXW.jpg

mtkXa6L.jpg

JlpkniQ.jpg

I3p7IgW.jpg

qH2BwbP.jpg

o5TWDO7.jpg

VWqfRbB.jpg

Note: these aren't my screenshots, their taken from the Qhimm forums. Also the character models (Nino style chibi models) is incomplete, their adding new chars regularly but it's a WIP. The graphics mod Satsuki is also being updated and improved. Then you got ReShade for shading effects and effects like CRT etc. It's a lot of work to get it right is the point I'm trying to make. I also forgot to mention the Reunion mod so you can play it using a proper translation from the Jap version using the "Beacause" mod that fixes a ton of dialogue that was incorrectly translated.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You'd think, but look at FF8 remastered. Hardly a remaster tbh.

Re: FF7 modding. Unfortunately besides not being able to get Steam achievements it also takes numerous mods to get it looking good enough to not be a distraction for the wrong reasons.

If you mod it right it looks great like the image below.

0fGhaFh.jpg

5gZ5PXW.jpg

mtkXa6L.jpg

JlpkniQ.jpg

I3p7IgW.jpg

qH2BwbP.jpg

o5TWDO7.jpg

VWqfRbB.jpg

Note: these aren't my screenshots, their taken from the Qhimm forums. Also the character models (Nino style chibi models) is incomplete, their adding new chars regularly but it's a WIP. The graphics mod Satsuki is also being updated and improved. Then you got ReShade for shading effects and effects like CRT etc. It's a lot of work to get it right is the point I'm trying to make. I also forgot to mention the Reunion mod so you can play it using a proper translation from the Jap version using the "Beacause" mod that fixes a ton of dialogue that was incorrectly translated.
I am sure the the FF8 team and budget was not even 5% of FF7R though, probably not even 1%. That was likely a team of a few people with a extremely small budget who already set out what they wanted to achieve (not much) from the start. Bit like when the Resident Evil Remake hit the PC, that was a tiny team, does not compare to triple a budget and scope of a full game.

Not trying to take away from how hard the mods are to create, but that cannot compare with huge teams of dedicated professional developers working full days for half a decade.

Those images look very good by the way. Maybe when I replay the game again in 5-10 years the mods will be out by then.

Soldato
I am sure the the FF8 team and budget was not even 5% of FF7R though, probably not even 1%. That was likely a team of a few people with a extremely small budget who already set out what they wanted to achieve (not much) from the start. Bit like when the Resident Evil Remake hit the PC, that was a tiny team, does not compare to triple a budget and scope of a full game.

Not trying to take away from how hard the mods are to create, but that cannot compare with huge teams of dedicated professional developers working full days for half a decade.

Those images look very good by the way. Maybe when I replay the game again in 5-10 years the mods will be out by then.

All of the MODs are available now at Qhimm, their all complete in some shape or form with exception of the character models. The biggest thing is game crashes, time setting it up (correctly) and not being able to play with steam.

FF8 remastered originally had plans for voice acting with a big budget update, but most of it was cut. It's a shame, they didn't even bother updating the texture maps which is one of the easier jobs that the modding community has done well with FF7. I haven't checked much of the FF8 community but I believe it's being done with that too.

Some of the mod community working on these mods are equally qualified as those working in the industry.

Soldato
Cheers for the link, it's still active now and I've just downloaded it.

Currently on my 2nd playthrough on the game on Standard and will then look at taking on Hard difficulty. Overall I've found the game fantastic and enjoying it again during this new playthrough and using some of the tricks/methods I learned the first time through.

Associate
So it looks like part 2 is very far off, 2/3yrs minimum is the general consensus when guessing. "full development" starting now the news says. Pretty disappointed myself (but understand their stance), haven't played part 1 as don't have a PS console atm, not sure if i want to bother either now. would have liked to thoroughly enjoy this in one go really. What are other people's thoughts?

Soldato
My thoughts are that part 2 should be the rest of the game. No more cutting it up in to different parts.

All this nonsense about it being too big etc. It took me longer to complete a Witcher 3 dlc than it did the first part of this Remake!

Soldato
What are other people's thoughts?

Before the game launched, I was perfectly fine with knowing that it had been split up.
As long as each part has plenty of content, I'll be happy... I thought.

But even though the game is pretty decent, at some point while playing, it started to really bug me that I couldn't finish the story.
I started to think "What's the point" and I just drifted away from playing it at about 90% complete.
Haven't been back since.

That's just me tho. Your mileage may vary.

Caporegime
My thoughts are that part 2 should be the rest of the game. No more cutting it up in to different parts.

All this nonsense about it being too big etc. It took me longer to complete a Witcher 3 dlc than it did the first part of this Remake!

All the excuses were utter nonesense which is why I sold the game after completing it.
However, I don't see how the game can seem anything but lopsided if the rest is released as a single part.

I honestly didn't get that long out of FF7 Remake, I think people getting 30+ hours are just grinding all the crap in it.

Soldato
All the excuses were utter nonesense which is why I sold the game after completing it.
However, I don't see how the game can seem anything but lopsided if the rest is released as a single part.

I honestly didn't get that long out of FF7 Remake, I think people getting 30+ hours are just grinding all the crap in it.

It might seem lopsided but I kind of like the idea of a focused linear game for the midgar part, then a proper open world game for the rest. It could work imo.

Associate
Just giving this a replay, great game, not without flaws.

What I want to know is, I'm up to the part with Johnny "he's a talker" and suddenly there is contruction work hammering noises in my speakers no matter where i go in the slums, is this a bug or are they doing work on the plate above? It's kind of irritating and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it on my first playthrough. Might just get through the chapter and see if it remains.

Soldato
Just giving this a replay, great game, not without flaws.

What I want to know is, I'm up to the part with Johnny "he's a talker" and suddenly there is contruction work hammering noises in my speakers no matter where i go in the slums, is this a bug or are they doing work on the plate above? It's kind of irritating and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it on my first playthrough. Might just get through the chapter and see if it remains.
It's certainly nothing I noticed particularly loudly but I do think it's part of a static background noise for the Sector 7 area.
Are you running audio through a surround setup or simulating 3D audio on a soundbar? The volume might be higher on the side or rear speakers or something which might be making it abnormally loud.

Associate
Thanks, I just remembered I turned the music (which is awesome) down so I could hear the dialogue better as I've turned off subs for this playthrough.

Man, I still can't get on board with the ice/wind magic delays, I understand they are to be used tactically but it's so frustrating to use them properly.

Associate
Anyone tried this on PS5? Picked this up on the cheap(ish) and wondered what it ran like.

Been wanting to play this for sometime but I sold PS4 in advance of PS5 so never managed to get it before.

Soldato
Anyone tried this on PS5? Picked this up on the cheap(ish) and wondered what it ran like.

Been wanting to play this for sometime but I sold PS4 in advance of PS5 so never managed to get it before.

Runs abit more smoother than it does on my PS4 Pro but nothing to get excited about. I don't see an PS5 patch coming for it to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom