Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
It's not about the total weight, it's about stability. If you use a 7ft bar then your loads are a substantial distance from the centre point.

As long as you’re centred somewhere in the middle of the triangle between the legs it’s going to be very stable.

In the overhead press position the load is at the back of the seat and just in front of the centre of that triangle. Do not understand why you’re worried?

A tripod is a very stable design as long as you stay between all three legs.

Soldato
As long as the centre of gravity is somewhere within the imaginary triangle that joins the 3 points where the feet of the bench meet the floor, then you won't get any uplift or instability. And if your butt is on the seat, then that's basically a given.

Soldato
Do you not put your legs on the floor? :p

Yeah, it seems he’s gone from considering this bench in particular being unstable to considering a barbell on any bench unstable?

The bench is stable and it’s up to the lifter to keep the barbell stable... that’s the whole idea of weight lifting :p

Soldato
Out of interest lie, how much has your home gym cost so far?

Think I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and invest. I seem to be losing weight but getting fatter at the same time over the past 7 weeks :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm at about £2100.

Bench
Rack
Dumbbells - 8, 12, 16, 20, 26, 34, 42.5
Bumpers - 20x2, 15x4, 10x2, 5x2
Hex Plates - 2.5x2, 5x2
Bars - Ez Bar + Tricep Bar
Floor mat
Land mine + T bar.

The bar is on loan from a friend until I can source one for a reasonable price, which will be another £180.

Tea Drinker
Don
I'm at about £2100.

Bench
Rack
Dumbbells - 8, 12, 16, 20, 26, 34, 42.5
Bumpers - 20x2, 15x4, 10x2, 5x2
Hex Plates - 2.5x2, 5x2
Bars - Ez Bar + Tricep Bar
Floor mat
Land mine + T bar.

The bar is on loan from a friend until I can source one for a reasonable price, which will be another £180.

T bar rows for the hoes :cool:

Caporegime
It's a very good bench, not sure why you think it would be unstable? Doesn't move at all. Had another like this before, exactly the same and it comfortable handles me bench pressing 150kg+

It's identical to pretty much all the commercial gym benches used.

https://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/taurus-commercial-weight-bench-b950.php

it doesn't look too stable tbh

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-solid-flat-incline-decline-bench-2.html

that is my bench or a similar model to mine as you can see it looks far more stable

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
it doesn't look too stable tbh

https://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-solid-flat-incline-decline-bench-2.html

that is my bench or a similar model to mine as you can see it looks far more stable

We've been over this, it's rock solid stable. The same design used in all gyms across the country. I've personally set bench press PRs over 160kg on this exact bench setup.

The one you linked is inferior. It's higher and the feet at the front interfere with your feet placement. There's a reason you don't see them in proper gyms.

Man of Honour
@LiE pls video all your sessions to catch the inevitable moment your bench which is the same as almost every bench I've seen/used in many gyms kills you thnx.

Also I'm claiming your stuff.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
clean set up. i'll be getting the same dumbells when they come back in stock.

what bench is that i have a body-solid at the moment but i should have sold that and kept the gym ratz one i had but i can still sell and get another.

i just sold my full dumbell collection for over £3K paid about £500 for it second hand way back in the day.

I thought as much. I'll need to see what I get for my bench. Hopefully £300 plus then I might get the same. I want something more compact mine takes up a lot of space.

Also @Psycho Sonny I thought you were buying the same bench as me because you liked it a few page back?

Back
Top Bottom