What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Bosch S01.

Heard many rating this, I have no idea why. Pure cliched cookie-cutter bilge. The people recommending it know what I like so I expected something new for the genre.
I can see why it may appeal to detective-drama-starved audiences, if it's even possible to starve that market.
Bosch is class IMO, just out of curiosity, what do you like?

Soldato
Afterlife S2, Ep 1:

A bit flat :( 100 year birthday was cringe as was the yoga - very forced. The bath scene was funny, but as if?

Hopefully the rest of the season picks up.

Soldato
Hey all, got a newborn baby that isn't settling in cot so I'm sharing some of the night time routine and wnat something to watch. I've started Ray Donovan and 15 mins in to first episode. I noticed there's 7 seasons, is it all good throughout?

Soldato
Hey all, got a newborn baby that isn't settling in cot so I'm sharing some of the night time routine and wnat something to watch. I've started Ray Donovan and 15 mins in to first episode. I noticed there's 7 seasons, is it all good throughout?

Nope, the quality declines rapidly in the last 2/3 seasons. They try a soft reboot by moving locations but it doesn't work that great.

Stick with it to season 4, if you like what you've seen by then you'll enjoy the rest.

The problem ultimately is Rays father and brothers, they just comes across like a cartoon villains with hair brained schemes half the time.

Man of Honour
What?! When? Where? How?

They did a special episode last week, where they were all in lockdown isolation. Not as themselves, I mean it was a proper full episode, with a script etc, as the characters. Almost every character from the show was in it...here's a few clippets from it...

Man of Honour
I just binge watched The Terror after hearing so many excellent reviews for it. The fact it was (loosely) based on a true event made it more interesting. It was indeed good but not quite up to the standard I was expecting. Worth a watch but not worth buying it like I did. Also...

The supernatural monster ruined it a bit for me. I'd have far preferred it to have just been a bear. It didn't suit the rest of the story which was about a true life doomed expedition.

Soldato
I just binge watched The Terror after hearing so many excellent reviews for it. The fact it was (loosely) based on a true event made it more interesting. It was indeed good but not quite up to the standard I was expecting. Worth a watch but not worth buying it like I did. Also...

The supernatural monster ruined it a bit for me. I'd have far preferred it to have just been a bear. It didn't suit the rest of the story which was about a true life doomed expedition.

I thought the Terror season 1 was fantastic. Season 2 a bit disappointing though :(

Man of Honour
Also "the Rookie," very lightweight but enjoyable, even if it's fairly predictable. With all the doom and gloom that we are all facing I find I'm leaning to lighthearted pick me up stuff at the moment. I'm going to try and cram in Nightflyers, the Witcher and Stranger Things before my months up!

Been watching this one the last few days surprised there isn't a thread on it, etc. though I guess it will be very Marmite - very easy and fun watching if you can switch off and enjoy it for what it is.

Though it would have been amazing if they'd taken a 90 degree turn season 2 episode 6 and gone post apocalyptic with the cast in the fallout shelter LOL.

Soldato
Ragnarok. Brilliant imo but the dubbing let's it down. There's only 1 season (6 eps) on Netflix, really hope to see more of this. It comes at the whole superhero thing from a different angle. Solid 8/10.

I'm looking to give that a go. You might like "I am not OK with this." There are only 7 short episodes so it's pretty accessible. I found it quite quirky, funny and better than I expected it to be.

Associate
Upload. Stuck it 20 mins - deffo not not for me
Homeland S8 - A great final season despite the usual sillyness. Hey, a blonde lady with no headscarve can sneak onto Bagram Airbase in the middle of Afghanistan seemingly at will!
After Life S2 - Maudlin and contrived. Really did not enjoy this season.

Soldato
Devs.

This is truly awful television. The lead 'actress' has quite possibly given the worst performance i've ever seen on screen. Everything about her is terrible. Check out a couple of episodes just to see her in action perhaps, but this is poor and i suggest avoiding it.

I can't fathom how she managed to get a lead role in anything. Her dead eyes, emotionless delivery of lines...there's just nothing there! I can't express enough how plain awful she is.

I've stopped after 3 episodes. I just cant watch her and this show any longer.

Soldato
Devs.

This is truly awful television. The lead 'actress' has quite possibly given the worst performance i've ever seen on screen. Everything about her is terrible. Check out a couple of episodes just to see her in action perhaps, but this is poor and i suggest avoiding it.

I can't fathom how she managed to get a lead role in anything. Her dead eyes, emotionless delivery of lines...there's just nothing there! I can't express enough how plain awful she is.

I agree the lead actress isn't great, but she's trying to convey loss. The story is actually very good and it had me hooked all the way through. Certainly not awful TV. Far better than the over hyped Westworld, which has been a mess since the end of season 1.

Soldato
Devs.

Oh....this has been quite hyped up and well received in this thread, to the point I was going to start it in a few days :(

Soldato
Seriously, don't let one person's view put you off. Once you get past the way the characters are portrayed, it's great stuff :)

Yes. Give it a go and get back here and agree with me! ;)

You have lead actors for a reason...she is so far from being one that it kills everything in the show. THe ideas are interesting but that's all.

The supporting cast are poor too; boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, security guard, child prodigy.

It also includes possibly the worst fight sequence i've ever seen by two self-proclaimed 'professionals'.

Back
Top Bottom