VR Mats/Rugs

Associate
Been using VR for about a month or so now & need a more permanent/better solution to centralising my position as I don't want to whack anything in my room.

I noticed that there's very limited choice of VR mats around. Pretty much only seen ones in the UK from ProxiMat but they seem unavailable.

I know there's some DIY options, but what do fellow VR users use or suggest.

Soldato
I originally thought about getting a mat but most games I play have a hard surface. It would loose realism if my feet felt a soft surface but my eyes saw a hard surface.

Instead I rely on the grid that appears when I move too close to the edges. I draw the perimeter slightly smaller than the room so I see it before it's too late.

Soldato
I'm limited to standing room in my attic so I just go for an always visible centre indicator on the floor. I know not to throw overhand just in case I hit the sloping ceilings! Underhand throws seem to work better in VR anyway.

Associate
I use a small, circular rug (Think it's about 3x3 feet) and I usually play in just my socks so that I can feel when I'm at the edge or I have stepped on to the vinyl flooring.

Back
Top Bottom