Sky Friends and Family deal thread! Now with, er NOW deals!

Soldato
Hmm, wonder if the worm has turned a little. Our Sky (TV part) package is reaching the end of discounted term, and going up from circa. £60/month (that is for Entertainment, UoD, Sports, Cinema, Q multiscreen etc.) to £90+. As no offers available in my account, started down the cancellation route.......advisor (on Chat) came back with around £15 discount, but could not do better, so I proceeded with the cancellation.

As was more or less expected, had a call from Sky a few days later to "look to see what we can do".......and this is the strange part: after close to 10mins trying to get something out of the system, the advisor admitted defeat and said that he was sorry but only had the offer I had previously been given available, and there was nothing else.......very odd, for them to call and without any sort of better deal :(

I guess we will have to let it cancel.....I do have a spare Q silver box that an engineer friend gave me, so I am assuming I can plug that in from Freeview stuff on main tv, should it come to that? Thing is, we do tend to watch mainly terrestial channels anyway, and the children only really Netflix/Amazon/Disney+ etc., so - actually - perhaps not forking out a ton of money every month is not such a bad thing........I will only really miss being able to watch whatever in any of 4 rooms (we have 3 minis too), for those few times :D

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, wonder if the worm has turned a little. Our Sky (TV part) package is reaching the end of discounted term, and going up from circa. £60/month (that is for Entertainment, UoD, Sports, Cinema, Q multiscreen etc.) to £90+. As no offers available in my account, started down the cancellation route.......advisor (on Chat) came back with around £15 discount, but could not do better, so I proceeded with the cancellation.

As was more or less expected, had a call from Sky a few days later to "look to see what we can do".......and this is the strange part: after close to 10mins trying to get something out of the system, the advisor admitted defeat and said that he was sorry but only had the offer I had previously been given available, and there was nothing else.......very odd, for them to call and without any sort of better deal :(

I guess we will have to let it cancel.....I do have a spare Q silver box that an engineer friend gave me, so I am assuming I can plug that in from Freeview stuff on main tv, should it come to that? Thing is, we do tend to watch mainly terrestial channels anyway, and the children only really Netflix/Amazon/Disney+ etc., so - actually - perhaps not forking out a ton of money every month is not such a bad thing........I will only really miss being able to watch whatever in any of 4 rooms (we have 3 minis too), for those few times :D
The Q box won’t work at all without an active subscription.

Associate
Anything available yet? Thanks in advance

Decided to try Disney plus, could do with wrapping sky/Disney/Netflix in one nice bill.
Don’t currently have sky. Have an old skyhd box which has Freeview but lately signals been awful and could do with buying sky so they can fix it (think dish needs relocating)

Soldato
Can anyone tell me if a new customer can get a better deal by phoning Sky?

I may have made a mistake, but the other night I built a TV/broadband/Cinema/Netflix and HD package online and I swear it came to £58. Trying the same tonight and it comes to £64. Maybe I went wrong previously, but now I feel £64 is a bit steep. If that's the price, then fair enough I guess, but I best check there are no better options before I continue.

Caporegime
OP
Can anyone tell me if a new customer can get a better deal by phoning Sky?

I may have made a mistake, but the other night I built a TV/broadband/Cinema/Netflix and HD package online and I swear it came to £58. Trying the same tonight and it comes to £64. Maybe I went wrong previously, but now I feel £64 is a bit steep. If that's the price, then fair enough I guess, but I best check there are no better options before I continue.

I'm pleased to say the new Customer deals are back! 35% off any TV package. That includes Sports, BT Sport, Cinema, Signature, even Multiscreen/Sky Q Experience! You even get 35% off any chosen broadband package too!

Same rules apply, no 'Drive By' requests, must be a member for six months, minimum 100 posts. I'm updating the first post now.

Back
Top Bottom