Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Commissario
Sorry, it's a bit of a glib answer. I'm a big fan of Messi & Paoloni coax and specifically Hyperflex 10 - With my rebuilt system and mounting the aerial on top of the Hexbeam, I've got just over 5m of Hyperflex 10 between the aerial and the receiver. It's not cheap at over £3/meter but you really do get what you pay for.

/edit - Grab the M&P catalogue and have a look at the different cables to see what loss you're happy with.

Soldato
Sorry, it's a bit of a glib answer. I'm a big fan of Messi & Paoloni coax and specifically Hyperflex 10 - With my rebuilt system and mounting the aerial on top of the Hexbeam, I've got just over 5m of Hyperflex 10 between the aerial and the receiver. It's not cheap at over £3/meter but you really do get what you pay for.

/edit - Grab the M&P catalogue and have a look at the different cables to see what loss you're happy with.

Perfect thank you. I don't mind looking but having some idea of what to look for is a huge help :)

Soldato
Commissario
What's this Greek Air Force Gulfstream up to? I've been watching for a while.

/edit - Hmm, he's put his foot down since my original screenshot and is heading off towards mainland Europe now. Perhaps he was just early for a pick up and killing time!

ZihUO2o.png

Man of Honour
Possibly had a tech issue after departure and wanted to stay nearby whilst it was resolved. Happens occasionally and that’s the sort of track you might expect to see if they were being vectored. However if that was the case it is more typical for them to level off rather than continue climb throughout.

Commissario
Possibly had a tech issue after departure and wanted to stay nearby whilst it was resolved. Happens occasionally and that’s the sort of track you might expect to see if they were being vectored.
Yes, that's a good explanation and quite likely, thanks.

However if that was the case it is more typical for them to level off rather than continue climb throughout.
They were at FL370 for most of that but as soon as they buggered off towards Europe, they climbed up to FL410 and sped up quite a bit. I see what you mean though, I'd have expected them to be kept lower if they had an issue.

AWACS have been up every day, most of the day for at least a week in the same position I posted earlier.

Associate
I bought the N type antenna that is linked on the previous page. I already have the flightware pro stick, is anyone able to recommend a short cable to link the two that I can order from somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom