Snowpiercer | Netflix

Soldato

Attention all passengers, Mr. Wilford would like to address the rumors of disturbances in the tail. Let me assure you, your security is our highest priority. Order will be restored.

The Earth's remaining inhabitants are confined to a single train circling the globe as revolution brews among the class-divided cars.

Permabanned
I might be in a minority but I really really enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to this.

Don't think you're in the minority at all. It's not his best film, but it's still a belter.

Watched the trailer. Not really sold. Don't know what a show could do with the narrative that the film didn't already do...

Soldato
Does this really need a dedicated thread, not like it came out yesterday

Agreed, this film is almost 7 years old and personally find it overrated (Interesting idea but poor delivery and story). Maybe the recent accolades of Bong Joon Ho and episode of Rick and Morty has bought this back into the spotlight for some.

Soldato
Does this really need a dedicated thread, not like it came out yesterday

Agreed, this film is almost 7 years old and personally find it overrated (Interesting idea but poor delivery and story). Maybe the recent accolades of Bong Joon Ho and episode of Rick and Morty has bought this back into the spotlight for some.

Whoosh!!! Did you even take two seconds to note that this is a new TV show, not a thread about the movie.

Don't think you're in the minority at all. It's not his best film, but it's still a belter.

Judging my replies so far, think I am :D

Soldato
Film was pretty good. I can just see this being the same story draaaawn out to several episodes. No doubt the first 2 to 3 will just be them in confinement as we 'get to know' all about their backstories.

Soldato
film is great ... but not convinced you can make it episodic ... just, succession of skurmishes -
The sets in the film, didn't smell of excessive cheap cgi, as didn't, train to bhutan, or, recent Extraction, maybe because it was made outside usa, real stunts, Brazil'ish air.
you can see poor cgi even watching on film4 SD

- just companies like netflix in search of derivative audience novelty, when more recent series, that still had legs get canned, Wayward Pines, Utopia.

edit: afterthought - what films have successfully migrated to series

Last edited:
Soldato
- just companies like netflix in search of derivative audience novelty, when more recent series, that still had legs get canned, Wayward Pines, Utopia.
I think Netflix are going to be victims of their own numbers/data game. You can see how a totally simplistic movie like Extraction does really well for your average viewer to go "oh that looks alright to kill 2hrs without needing to engage my brain much". It has broad appeal, heck I even persuaded my girlfriend to watch it with me and she normally hates war movies and/or American's shouting (her description :p).

Whether they like it or not Netflix are going to be in a race-to-the-bottom for quality and will output much "easier" watches - at least when it comes to feature length content.

Anyway my point is; this smacks of bringing absolutely nothing fresh to the table. They'll get enough viewers to warrant it being made (mostly via Bong Joon-ho's name) and it'll disappear forever.

Soldato
There is more of a "captive" audience at the moment so they may be trying to throw as much content as they can at the subscribers and probably struggling as there is not that much about. I thought the film was okay but a bit daft and illogical. Cant believe they are doing a series.

Am I wrong or wasnt the film originally a two/three parter series and they edited it together as a film ?

Associate
Probably gonna be crap I'll admit but thinking back From Dusk till Dawn did benefit from taking a film, spending half a season (slowly) retelling the same story before veering off, maybe this will work the same and produce something watchable.

Man of Honour
Cant say that this one perks my interest much. I saw the film and thought it was a pretty poor film overall, it was a good initial concept and started well but just went downhill from there. I dont really think the story would work in an episodic format.

Back
Top Bottom