Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Associate
Brought it based on comments in this thread and had a couple hours on FFUK server and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course I’m crap at it but I’m more of a CoD/BF player. Think it’s a bit clunky and needs some polish but yeah, it’s good. I’ll have to hit the discord Friday.

Soldato
Indeed, it's no wonder games like Fortnite where instant action is spoonfed to you are so popular. If people didn't get the memo, this isn't a run and gun where you're pressing tab to check your KDR after every death :rolleyes:

That's the reason I bought this game, I abhor Fortnite and dumbed down **** like that. Still doesn't change my experience of HLL though.

Soldato
Group of 5 or 6 of us on our discord play pretty much daily evenings around 9pm onwards we also have a 100 man server on gportal that we are trying to build a community on. Only had it 4 days but could do with more players. Shout if you guys want to play with us. All are welcome.

Server is:
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/hll/6777469

Discord: www.pagangaming.uk

only played this for a few hrs but its defo one of my fave fps on pc, haven't played in a while but must get back on at some point, excellent game!
I caved and bought it, much prefer it to Post Scriptum, don't feel like I'm straining my eyes to see enemy pixels in the distance.
Still no real idea what I'm doing, so just trying to follow squad as a medic.
Brought it based on comments in this thread and had a couple hours on FFUK server and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course I’m crap at it but I’m more of a CoD/BF player. Think it’s a bit clunky and needs some polish but yeah, it’s good. I’ll have to hit the discord Friday.

Just in case missed see above re server and discord if you fancy joining us! We've even had a few guys join us from random games as they enjoyed grouping with us. We are still learning as well even though we've been playing daily for a few weeks but happy to show you the ropes. Squad composition and grouping plays a big part in making things tick!

Associate
Took the plunge and bought this earlier and I officially suck at it. Constant run duck and die can't even see the enemy.

Same. I play a match or 2 and quit. I like the game but the amount of times I die to someone who I can't see. Last night I was prone behind a hedge row seprating fields dodging enemy fire and a tank kept hitting the place where I was lying over and over and I couldn't understand how they knew where I was all the time?

Soldato
Is this still early access? Is it being regularly updated and supported?

Looks interesting. Is it hit scan weapons or projectiles with bullet drop etc?

I do like the look of it. What's the level of hacking like in this game? Most online FPS games are hacked to hell these days.

Soldato
Is this still early access? Is it being regularly updated and supported?

Looks interesting. Is it hit scan weapons or projectiles with bullet drop etc?

I do like the look of it. What's the level of hacking like in this game? Most online FPS games are hacked to hell these days.

Yes still early access but well supported and regular updates.

Projectiles with bullet drop since the last update.

Can't say I've seen any obvious hackers yet. It's more about squad play than individual yoloing. If you do end up getting feel free to jump on with us in the discord link I posted above.

Same. I play a match or 2 and quit. I like the game but the amount of times I die to someone who I can't see. Last night I was prone behind a hedge row seprating fields dodging enemy fire and a tank kept hitting the place where I was lying over and over and I couldn't understand how they knew where I was all the time?

Either Recon squads spotted, Squad leaders have binoculars or recon planes overhead that had spotted you. You will die a lot in this game, it's extremely hard to get positive KD if you're playing in a proper squad but the sense of achievement when you push hard on objectives and win is imo unmatched in any other MP game I play.

Associate
update 7 looks interesting as does russia.been playing a bit more of this since rdr2 online has tanked and bfv too and its by far the best fps game i play.some huge epic moments in it and theres 20% off the game in steam now

Underboss
I was on a machine gun yesterday, too easy 45-3.

Just needed to play tactically and pick the spots that allowed for enfilade fire.

Soldato
It's a great game once you get used to it, but they have to sort out the stupid **** whereby people can knock a slider down to get rid of grass and hedges. I'm getting sick and tired of being perfectly hidden away, laying prone in tall grass or behind a hedge, only to have someone kill me with a single shot from a hundred yards. Not a lucky shot from a spray and pray, but a perfectly aimed shot when in reality they should not even be able to see me. Allowing **** like that makes the use of cover and concealment a ******* joke.

Soldato
Having to fully stand up to either nip through a hole in a wall or vault over a fence when you can quite obviously crouch/crawl through the hole or crawl under the fence is another major bug bear of mine. And something that seriously needs fixing in the near future.

Underboss
Next patch is the vaulting and movement animation changes I think, vaulting is really crap - died a few times trying to evade quickly due to that.

Back
Top Bottom