GSync Monitor recommendation

Associate
Hi All,

it’s dilemma time. Have been using the HP OMEN 32 for a while, actually really happy with it, just not that it’s max refresh is 75hz

bought a dell s3220, again, amazing screen, but just couldn’t get freesync working with my 2070 without experiencing flickering. Tried all the stuff with CRU, but have given up.

actually not seeing much in the way of tearing on my 2070 and 3700x on the dell and 90% of the time I don’t notice any difference, but when it does hiccup, but just knowing it doesn’t work Is breaking my OCD.

so, decided to go full g sync and find a replacement.

firstly, was considering going from 30+ to a 27” - thoughts, I know it’s going to be smaller, but by how much? I sit back for my omen, guess I’ll just sit closer....

second, love the curve of the dell, so hopefully can get a curved GSync

Thirdly, needs to be 1440p

Any recommendations for a 27” (or higher) 1440p, curved GSync monitor, that doesn’t cost a fortune, hoping to keep it under 650£

panel, VA or IPS, as both omen and dell have VA, 4ms and those are fine to my old eyes..

Alternatively, talk me out of parting with an absolutely perfect dell monitor, just so I can enable GSync.....

Cheers!

Soldato
Going for smaller size definitely needs moving monitor 10-15cm closer or everything will look smaller/image doesn't cover as much of field of view.
27" is 10cm narrower (6cm lower) than 32".
You could use measuring tape to visualize how much closer it would have to be to show in same angular size.

Myself likely going to have this similar size dilemma ahead with serious lack of advance in monitors when wanting to move ahead from 60Hz 2560x1600.

No sense to get some G-sync monitor.
Besides AMD bringing new raytracing architecture developed also for next-gen consoles out in fall, also Intel is joining discrete GPU game as third player

Associate
OP
Thank you, was browsing last night and found a new acer predator hopefully releasing soon, might fit the bill!

XB323U - it’s a a 32” 1440p, IPS, GSync compatible, HDR600, 170hz.

looks good! Just need to see the cost!

Back
Top Bottom