Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Game looked great but the vid quality was utterly awful for me, heavily compressed and blacks so washed out as to be about the same as the grey background on these forums.

Soldato
LMAO they straight up copy-pasted AC Odyssey! Except somehow it looked more boring and less interesting (if that's possible). Out of all the studios I didn't expect Sucker Punch would be so creatively bankrupt. I guess Sony's trying to become their own Ubisoft.

Soldato
Looks very derivative, rather disappointed in the gameplay after the previous trailers. It looks pretty but just seems like a whole series of copy/pasted elements in a samurai setting.

I'll likely get it anyway but it's gone from a must-buy to a title I'll get when it inevitably comes down in price (as all games do 2-3 months after release).

Associate
I've got pretty much AC Origin/Odyssey, Horizon zero dawn, Sekiro, Dark souls and Witcher vibes from the game aswell but I'm not going complain about it if the game is good. It may not look "innovative" on paper but since when "copies/similar gameplay" turn people off a game?
I hope the japanese audio is in sync though as i'll be playing it with japanese audio instead of english.

Soldato
How did you not? It's literally AC Odyssey in a Japan setting. The only "unique" features I've seen are the wind gust & fox guide. If I could be bothered I'd make a side-by-side, it's staggering how identical the gameplay is.
Have not played ac but seen videos of it and looks a tiny bit similar but because I never played that ac game, what's wrong with me enjoying this as a fresh intake?

Soldato
Have not played ac but seen videos of it and looks a tiny bit similar but because I never played that ac game, what's wrong with me enjoying this as a fresh intake?

He never said there was anything wrong with you enjoying it :) You asked how he thought it was like AC:Odyssey which he answered and now you're admitting you haven't played it so feels like a pointless argument to pick.

Anyways, no one seems to be saying it won't be fun but it doesn't look like it brings much new besides the setting which is a shame as the earlier trailers looked more interesting. Doesn't mean it won't be fun but it is a tad disappointing for me at least that the actual gameplay looks like so close to the Farcry or AC formula.

Soldato
He never said there was anything wrong with you enjoying it :) You asked how he thought it was like AC:Odyssey which he answered and now you're admitting you haven't played it so feels like a pointless argument to pick.

Anyways, no one seems to be saying it won't be fun but it doesn't look like it brings much new besides the setting which is a shame as the earlier trailers looked more interesting. Doesn't mean it won't be fun but it is a tad disappointing for me at least that the actual gameplay looks like a bit too close to the Farcry or AC formula.
Ahh ok cool.

What would have made it unique?

Back
Top Bottom