Noblechairs Memory Foam Pillows

Associate
Saw these in one of the OcUK e-mails and am kinda curious. The pillows that come with the original noblechairs Icon aren't memory foam are they? I quite like their rigidness since it sets my spine correct, not sure if memory foam would be as good for my spine

They don't seem to have a release date yet either

OcUK Staff
The ones with the chairs are not memory foam, and they should be available on the Overclockers UK website within a week. - You can always order now, and they will be dispatched as soon as it's possible. :)

Associate
OP
I could, but there's a couple other knicknacks I want to order ;) I bought the Hero when it first came out so I have the first version of the pillows without any clips on the elastic bands. They've become a bit loose now so I wanted a replacement of the original too

OcUK Staff
I could, but there's a couple other knicknacks I want to order ;) I bought the Hero when it first came out so I have the first version of the pillows without any clips on the elastic bands. They've become a bit loose now so I wanted a replacement of the original too

Nice! :D

Associate
Hey,
I just received the memory foam set. I made a quick video of them to show more in depth of the upgrade from the original pillows, and an area which still needs an improvement IMO. :)

Associate
OP
Hey,
I just received the memory foam set. I made a quick video of them to show more in depth of the upgrade from the original pillows, and an area which still needs an improvement IMO. :)

Interesting video, I had the same issue where the elastic band on my head pillow went completely loose which is why I'm looking into replacing it now. It seems like whilst the memory foam pillow is bigger, it's shallower than the original pillow which seems like it'd give less support to your lower spine

Associate
Interesting video, I had the same issue where the elastic band on my head pillow went completely loose which is why I'm looking into replacing it now. It seems like whilst the memory foam pillow is bigger, it's shallower than the original pillow which seems like it'd give less support to your lower spine

I actually combine the old pillows.

It took a day or two to adjust to using the new set (different height and tilt) but now it is really really comfortable. I rolled up my old head pillow and squashed it in where the two parts of the seat touch, then I have the memory foam on top. The old head pillow never really worked for me to be honest but the new one is much nicer and once you find the right position its miles ahead of the previous one. Like i said, it needed a completely different mechanical set up to work well for me. I adjusted the chair's height and tilt and recline to accommodate, it took a couple of days to find the right set up.

I would say that for me, it has been money well spent.

There is just the lack of adjustment on the head pillow that annoyed me somewhat.

Associate
OP
Mine arrived on Sunday and I've been trying it out. I've found the lumbar cushion too flat for my taste as it doesn't correct your posture as much as the old pillow. Also on the Hero the neck pillow sits either too low or too high for me in the two places I can attach it, but I do find it significantly more comfortable than the old neck pillow even if I have to constantly push it up and get it into the right position every time I want to use it.

Trying to figure out a way to use the new lumbar pillow but right now I can't find a particularly good way

Associate
Mine arrived on Sunday and I've been trying it out. I've found the lumbar cushion too flat for my taste as it doesn't correct your posture as much as the old pillow. Also on the Hero the neck pillow sits either too low or too high for me in the two places I can attach it, but I do find it significantly more comfortable than the old neck pillow even if I have to constantly push it up and get it into the right position every time I want to use it.

Trying to figure out a way to use the new lumbar pillow but right now I can't find a particularly good way

The lumbar pillow isn't ideally shaped I would agree. As I said previously; I combine the 2 set after a few days of messing around.
I do find the combination really comfortable but this "extra" set really should've been shaped better.... pretty sure I could quickly design a better, more ergonomic back shape lol

Associate
I've just received my Icon chair - also ordered the extra pillow set (the memory foam ones) to try out so will see how they feel when they arrive tomorrow.

Associate
So the standard lumbar pillow which came with the Icon chair does not even fit this chair so not sure why they even provide this in the box?

The lumbar pillow has straps (which can be removed) which are designed to be fastened over the top and bottom of the chair. The straps are designed to pass through the gaps at the bottom of the backrest and also through the gaps at the shoulder height of the backrest (like Noble’s other chairs have) but of course, the Icon chairs do NOT have these gaps at shoulder height so the straps are impossible to attach to this chair.

I actually purchased the more plush pillows anyway, which work a lot better with the Icon chair.

(sorry - can’t get my pics to display on this forum?!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom