***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Few pics of the finished Hoonigan

MouldKing13108_01.jpg

MouldKing13108_02.jpg

MouldKing13108_05.jpg

Soldato
Approximately 3000 pieces so its a big one. Time wise over three weeks but I/We don't go full out on it, just a bit here and there in the evenings when nothing else to do, so more often than usual now with the pubs shut! :D

It's a very detailed/complex model and easy to make mistakes if not paying attention, I liked that as it slows the build.

Associate
Nice One. Not quite my cup of tea but I can appreciate the work that went into it.

Having done the big Lego Batmobile I'd also say that those black panels look much more consistent than the ones being produced by Lego nowadays.

Slick.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I was quite disappointed with the 50 shades of beige when building Saturn V. Also surprised with the shocking colour match on the rear fender of the burgundy Harley Davidson..

Associate
The Mould King Icarus MP4? If it is , enjoy. It's a fantastic build. The only thing I've ever built that's not been immediately dismantled and put back in its box when finished.

Modern Technic Lego is crap in comparison , and, just in case anyone asks ,yes , I've spent a stupid and awful amount of money on Lego to come to that conclusion.

Last edited:
Associate
The Mould King Icarus MP4? If it is , enjoy. It's a fantastic build. The only thing I've ever built that's not been immediately dismantled and put back in its box when finished.

Modern Technic Lego is crap in comparison , and, just in case anyone asks ,yes , I've spent a stupid and awful amount of money on Lego to come to that conclusion.

It is the Icarus MP4. I’m looking forward to making a start on it this weekend. It’s my first set that isn’t Lego.

Associate
Anyone seen the Russian knock-off Lego Technic Crane ad on FB?

https://www.comftble.com/products/electric-mobile-crane-m

https://www.facebook.com/106567367694579/posts/114386780245971/

It looks the dogs doodahs for £25 + delivery but I'm really reluctant to order as it's from Russia. They take paypal so I suppose that would stand in my favour should nothing turn up. There are reviews on FB and their website but who knows how authentic they are? The website layout screams 'scam' though, not entirely dissimilar to the GD thread recently where the site had the £ symbol after the price and some user accounts were created to defend the site.

Associate
For whatever reason and I really don't know why, green cars are supposed to be unlucky.

Old folklore. Stupid really.

Anyways. If it turns out to be putrid lime green like the Claas tractor them I'm certainly not in.

If it turns out to be in metallic green and just like the real thing ?

Then maybe.

Associate
Just noticed. I've done over 900 posts in nearly 11 years.

Another 100 and maybe I can get access to the members market!

3 years maybe?

Back
Top Bottom