Automatic OC for CPU and RAM

Associate
Hey guys

I have tweaked around for a good GPU profile and now to optimise it further I want to get my ram to and above its speeds. I have Micron E-Die 8gbx2.

Specs:
- Ryzen 3600
- B450 Tomahawk Max
- Vega 64
- RGB BL2K8G30C15U4BL 3000 MHz CL15

Are these the correct settings in DRAM calc?
https://i.imgur.com/UCER5bf.png

Do I just plug this into my Motherboard and then turn down the FCLK to 1500 or something?

Should I leave my CPU on load default or do an Auto OC as I have a heavy Alpenfohn K2 Mount doom cooler

Soldato
That would be slower than stock XMP settings in primary latencies.

And you'll want to up memory bus speed at least to 3200MHz to boost InfinityFabric speed.

Associate
OP
That would be slower than stock XMP settings in primary latencies.

And you'll want to up memory bus speed at least to 3200MHz to boost InfinityFabric speed.

So I should leave it stock then just boost memory up to 3200 and go for a higher CL? do you know what settings they are in the Tomahawk?

Associate
hi I tried this with same speed, but a different brand of ram. Having gear down mode on helps stabilize Memory OC's but when at 3200mhz it ran better for me with it disabled at 2T
You should turn off XMP and input settings 16-18-18-36. The differences might be about 1 or 2% speed increase in ram benchmarks, I noticed no difference in games and you may have up the voltage to 1.36 or 1.37v

Remember to backup your data/os as good practice encase of any crashes effecting things.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hi I tried this with same speed, but a different brand of ram. Having gear down mode on helps stabilize Memory OC's but when at 3200mhz it ran better for me with it disabled at 2T
You should turn off XMP and input settings 16-18-18-36. The differences might be about 1 or 2% speed increase in ram benchmarks, I noticed no difference in games and you may have up the voltage to 1.36 or 1.37v

can you link a good ram guide ? I only want to OC for game gains

Associate
I don't know of any guides, I've read lots of forum posts about ram overclocking. If you see any others with the same ram as you thats good.
Generally though tighter timings beats higher memory frequency. Ryzen likes 3200mhz speed, and as you raise the frequency higher you have to ease the timings off to compensate. Where ram is unstable at a certain frequency and memtest shows errors, you can try increasing the voltage a notch and retest to try and get better stability.

How it goes depends on the ram die and motherboard combo and often the time spent can take a long time to find better performance.

If you can you'll get better fps gains from overclocking the graphics card before the ram.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom