Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
If it helps, just think of Bathurst as a (massively) disfigured oval :D

If you can post a reply though, I'm more than happy to give some tips or make a quick track guide :)

Any help would be appreciated! :)

I really do like the game, but am just not fast enough - think i am generally too far from the racing line and a bit cautious in general.

I like the time trial format, suits me better.

I was doing some Iracing, I was doing ok there, but sadly too many idiots just not willing to allow you past and spoiling the racing for me - plus was a bit of a money pit once you get started...

Soldato
Bathurst is night and day in comparison to it's ACC counterpart. I did a few valid laps in the 488, but most of them were scrubbed by that stupid lump in the middle of the corner that jumps you in to the wall. ACC you run up the mount totally flat with the slightest of lifts on the final corner, that lump had me in total fear loosing seconds. It's easy to see where the 2.05 came from, I had a slow 08, but it's blooming hard work compared to ACC.

I'm guessing that if I had any kind of setup, the car would grip up a lot more like it does in ACC.

Soldato
@Mike 702 I'll record a lap later with some comments on lines etc. :)

@lokiss yeah, that hump is so much worse in this version of the track. I don't really find the rest of the track that much different to AC:C but it how the car gets launched over the hump, I think it's just more severe on this version than others. I think I lost time through that corner too as I left plenty of room for error as I've ended up in that wall far too often.

Soldato
There’s a few places I take a slightly different line but your general lines and gears don’t look too bad. You’re just braking too early for most corners and not carrying enough speed through them.

I messed up my recording of my lap but I’m just grabbing some food and then will record another one :)

Associate
There’s a few places I take a slightly different line but your general lines and gears don’t look too bad. You’re just braking too early for most corners and not carrying enough speed through them.

I messed up my recording of my lap but I’m just grabbing some food and then will record another one :)

Appreciated, keen to learn :)

Associate
I couldn't do anything quicker than 2:12 at the start of the week in the 488! Just couldn't get a clean lap together, soo frustrating. Walked away from it and tried the G55 a few days later, that gave me a decent foundation to go back to the 488 and try try again.

As Greboth says you're braking too early, brake a little later each time and find your visual braking reference, then carry a bit more speed through the corners, just keep plugging away at it, it will come together :)

Associate
I couldn't do anything quicker than 2:12 at the start of the week in the 488! Just couldn't get a clean lap together, soo frustrating. Walked away from it and tried the G55 a few days later, that gave me a decent foundation to go back to the 488 and try try again.

As Greboth says you're braking too early, brake a little later each time and find your visual braking reference, then carry a bit more speed through the corners, just keep plugging away at it, it will come together :)

Thanks buddy, here's hoping :)

Soldato
Here you go, I showed my set up though from memory I think I only changed gear ratios and turned down the tc and abs. I did a slow lap explaining what I look for and lines to take etc. sounnd balance is way off but I've never recorded my voice over a game before so learning new things here too :D At the end is my fast lap, not my fastest but still a 2:05 :) Hope it helps Mike.

Edit: Just watched it back, at 2:14 I mean the tree on the left. Left or right - not really important to know the difference while racing is it :D

Associate
Here you go, I showed my set up though from memory I think I only changed gear ratios and turned down the tc and abs. I did a slow lap explaining what I look for and lines to take etc. sounnd balance is way off but I've never recorded my voice over a game before so learning new things here too :D At the end is my fast lap, not my fastest but still a 2:05 :) Hope it helps Mike.

Edit: Just watched it back, at 2:14 I mean the tree on the left. Left or right - not really important to know the difference while racing is it :D

This is incredible, thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into this! Amazing! :)

I will go to work on that and get some practice in. I can visibly see how much faster you are in general. I think me having the ideal line switched on is not a good thing, as the breaking points are way off.

Thanks again, I look forward to the challenge of trying to get better.

Associate
Well chuffed, got myself down from a mid 2.12 to a mid 2.07 - so 5 seconds quicker! I never thought I had it in me, the tips and guide were so useful and I simply could not have got better without them :)

Cannot thank you enough, big smile now just to be able to sort of compete

Hoping to get some more laps in and keep on improving :)

Soldato
Well chuffed, got myself down from a mid 2.12 to a mid 2.07 - so 5 seconds quicker! I never thought I had it in me, the tips and guide were so useful and I simply could not have got better without them :)

Cannot thank you enough, big smile now just to be able to sort of compete

Hoping to get some more laps in and keep on improving :)

Nice! I saw the banner appear showing you were setting new PB's but didn't get chance to read them. I didn't realise you knocked that much off your time though :D You're more than welcome for the tips and guide though, it's nice to see you (or anyone) improving their times :) There's probably not many tracks I know better than Bathurst so I might as well share my knowledge.

I don't think I can get much more out of the Ferrari though, there were a few moments where if I'd pushed even a little more I would have been in the wall. Next challenge though is to see how close I can the Holden to the Ferrari again. The Holden isn't the easiest to drive but definitely the most fun of the bunch.

Associate
Some great times posted in last couple of days, I am going to have another go today and see if I can improve.

Great fun this, just what I needed - the help was just such an eye opener :)

Back
Top Bottom