What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
New exhaust hanger arrived today so I've gone from my fantastic hanger to a slightly better one.

Before:
y4mBUMSIMK9xVu__Assnn0TWxprI65uiaGP-OV-sexxuziW4Y8DZYKZ-6H-suw4WLDPRoSUWRQSEdBLM6_daPnoQ2YbKr_rTzJOQt6v8VCRbUp71hYaAmaThfS05CMfITN-FvGRZUz0asYgM_sYdiRcb6BueHYjQnLHAFWa5u8N9VpPVu8koPUXU2uGP-lVbCEDgIARbTTsnPkeXYscispqpg

After:
y4mt0k9ZMXcXyEk8Sl7DZt6Vv-g8b-I8g-0sOzV6QWzXK6xoPG7yradnsST0Aq11OnRHmEjSBpN4xmiYibP2Ld1dhel9Bwyjun6wOfhLWPowldzN4yo6dw9s29jpj4v2Ii_Vj1ET-px6ELmKPAQMYTBBzl8OazpmvsWMoJotgfKs7dFg88KgDyExoTc6LRcng6EWcgTy2qbgc_-OkbQ58aTpg

It was £13 on ebay rather than the £30 or so from Scorpion direct for a proper one and should support it a lot better than my janky fix, not that the bike really gets used at the moment.

Man of Honour
So far since lockdown I've replaced the front pads, done an oil/filter change, fitted an oberon clutch cylinder and cleaned all the muck out of the res, refitted some black widow cans and fitted a stainless fairing bolt kit.
Still on the list coolant change, chain/sprockets, plugs, air filter, new cush drive rubbers and if I've still got time to spare a fluid change on the full braking system.

Considering I've done around 2k miles since its MOT last June that little lot should mean it doesn't need doing again for a while. Should feel a bit fresher when I next ride it as well.

Soldato
I went out for my weekly shop (by car) today. Far too many bikes on the road, and in groups. There was generally more traffic of all kinds. Really sad to see bikers cracking and going out in groups though. There's just no need.

Associate
Finally got round to installing the exhaust I purchased last week. It wasn’t too bad removing the old exhaust but was a right pig installing the new one. Ended up having to remove the radiator as 7 of the 8 studs came out of the head instead of just the nuts. Not started it yet as the place I got the exhaust from forgot to send me the o2 sensor extension lead as the port on the exhaust is on the opposite side compared to the stock exhaust. Can’t wait to see what it sounds like. Is there any tips on how to bleed the coolant system as I had to remove the radiator? As the cap for the radiator is right at the top, will I still need to bleed the air out the same as you would do on a car?
Thanks

standard exhaust

Old exhaust removed

akrapovic fitted
https://keyboardtester.co/

Associate
Nice job. We need a sound clip!!

Just fill the coolant system run at idle until hot then let cool and top up. Monitor the temp gauge whilst it is running. If it doesn't move as the engine warms stop and top up again.

Most bikes self bleed.

Matt

Soldato
Rode the bike for the first time since lockdown today and did my best attempt at cleaning the rust off the chain, despite being only 5 months old the combination of dry lube and wet roads = ***** looking chain :mad:

Soldato
Bit of a strip down to inspect and clean the bike while it’s off the road.

Also installed new billet cnc clutch and stator covers that are much stronger than the oem covers, very useful for when falling off on rocky ground. Changed the gearbox oil at the same time and it was nice and clean. Threw on a cheeky clutch saver in case the chain snaps, hopefully much easier to keep clean there when I’ve been riding through bogs.

I’ve also replaced the oem starter motor bush for a bronze one as they’re known for wearing and when they do they start to spin in the engine case which can cause big problems.

eGF455N.jpg

Soldato
Not sure how I feel about that plate, but, the CB650R is a good looking machine that's for sure and despite not being a fan of black bikes (more for a being seen perspective) that looks spot on.

All I did today was take it for a quite blast to the supermarket (as I do once a week anyway) and then gave it a quick wipe down and lazy polish...blue metallic paints are great in the sun, really need to get some matched paint(s) to tidy up the fairing scratches from the storm damage.

Soldato
It's better looking than the stock plate that's for sure, same design i had on my CRF before.

Bought it from Fourdot, might pick up a different design also later on.

Associate
Nice bike @khemist, very nearly bought a CB650r myself when I was thinking about getting back into biking.

Not sure if this is allowed or not so feel free to delete mods. I won a black widow end can for the CB650r on a competition last year when I was looking to get one, it's just sitting in my spare room gathering dust with an angry fiancé asking when I'm getting rid of it.

You can have it for free if you pick it up, it's brand new. I'm in the North Lanarkshire area if that close by?

Anyway PM me if you want it, just going to waste here.

Soldato
That's very generous of you but i'm not in the market for an exhaust just now, i'm in Greenock BTW, i would have snapped it up if i was looking for one.

I quite like the look and sound of the stock exhaust but thanks anyway.

Associate
The competition said CB650r for sure, although I think the prevouis CB650f and CB650r have the same exhaust system and mounting points? It was English Biker Dan on YouTube that did the giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom