• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI RADEON RX 5700 GAMING X 8GB Help

Soldato
I was looking at that, I know it says min 700w psu for the card and could probably get away with less.

What about this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...us-bronze-modular-power-supply-ca-02x-kk.html

I would suggest shopping around.

I have this exact card and before this pandemic hit us I bought an EVGA P2 650 for £69.99.

Cracking unit for the price.

Also contact customer services and explain your situation with regards to the specifications listed at the time of purchase.

Sometimes it's better to do some digging first before hitting that buy button.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I've sent them a webnote regarding the missing info, I'll see what they say. Lucky it's my birthday next week and I'm getting some money so I've ordered the psu I linked above, can't spend the money in the pub lol

Soldato
Yeah, I've sent them a webnote regarding the missing info, I'll see what they say. Lucky it's my birthday next week and I'm getting some money so I've ordered the psu I linked above, can't spend the money in the pub lol

Personally I'd of shopped about for the PSU... There are a few 650w Seasonic GOLD units on offer for £69.99.

Associate
2 years warranty no info about protection on this model even on website, and only 2x 6+2 pcie on 850W PSU, spend extra and like above get decent 650W, This days you no longer need 850-1000W PSU

Caporegime
I was looking at that, I know it says min 700w psu for the card and could probably get away with less.

What about this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...us-bronze-modular-power-supply-ca-02x-kk.html

I run my 5700XT on a 650 Watt EVGA unit.

AMD are assuming you're going to have a poor quality PSU, the sort of thing that advertises 700 Watts but actually only puts out 400 Watts on the 12v Rail, in reality a good quality 500 Watt PSU is enough.

The SeaSonic unit that @arc@css linked is a very good unit.

Back
Top Bottom