Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
Just incredible experience last night

This is brilliant. I didn't even notice that it wasn't the in-car wheel. I was wondering why your guy was driving a GT car without gloves on :D

I bought ACC yesterday and I'm amazed at how well it runs. I've got everything on high running on a 16" Macbook Pro (Windows 10 Bootcamp) and I'm not getting any noticeable frame rate drop even with 30 cars.

I'm just starting to get back into it after an 8 year break. Trying to buy any sim racing gear is impossible right now. I'm wanting to get the rear section, seat and monitor stand for my wheel stand but they've been sold out for weeks and probably will be for a while now.

Soldato
Does anyone here have any experience in setting up a server? I can't quite get my head around all the txt editing.

I've got one running but its set to 20 min Practice, Qualify etc.

Ideally what I want is just straight to race or a qualify lap followed by race, it's just for my mate and I to have some races.

EDIT: Ignore this, got it working now, quite simple really lol

Last edited:
Associate
Does this game work well on pad? I'm looking for a multiplayer racer I can play using pad?

I've had a couple nights playing on pad and I'm starting to get better now. After a few hours practicing I've started a championship and I've won my first 2 races. Taking a little beating on the career with the longer races but getting there though. Definitely fine with xbox controller though..
2 questions does crew chief work with this? It works for my PC2 but doesn't seem to on ACC. And what are these rankings at top right of the screen. Trust etc.

Soldato
I've had a couple nights playing on pad and I'm starting to get better now. After a few hours practicing I've started a championship and I've won my first 2 races. Taking a little beating on the career with the longer races but getting there though. Definitely fine with xbox controller though..
2 questions does crew chief work with this? It works for my PC2 but doesn't seem to on ACC. And what are these rankings at top right of the screen. Trust etc.

the game fully explains the ratings.

just investigate your driver stats

Associate
I've also been looking to, wanted to try out more aggressive setups but in the options looks like you have to be an actual race car mechanic to set it up.
Had a look on race department but not much, also just googled to see if someone had setups just to follow.

Associate
I had AC and only played it once and uninstall but got about 15 hrs into ACC this week just going round getting all the track trophies just now then continue my career till I'm back onshore then try some online races

Soldato
just came across this site? not sure how it would work though, would you have to make new folders for each car in your documents folder?

https://accsetups.racing/setup
Pick a car in game, save a random setup and the game will create the folder.

Ive got a couple of the setup packs from Coach Dave Academy and they’re really good, however they aren’t free

Soldato
Personally I think it's more on you than anyone else's given setup's. I've seen people posting up the results of buying the Dave Perel setups, they literally save you a tenth of a second to the most confident.

Myself I love ACC more for the racecraft anyway, not really interested in hot qualifying. This weekend it's been nuts with battle after battle yesterday, the standard of racing and general etiquette is nothing a but joy most of the time, even on low SA publics.

l3hbdDl.jpg

iQyWLC3.jpg

We were like this for about 10 laps, i was in the middle in the red and white 720, just awesome intensity in VR.

Soldato
I definitely found more than a tenth with them and I’ve read that people usually find 0.5-1s. I guess if you’re already insanely quick then you’re not going to find much. If you’re unable to make your own setups then getting a setup that you know can run 1:52s around Nurburgring allows you to concentrate on driving rather than thinking that you need to be playing with the setup. These setups are geared for long races too rather than just hot laps. Anyway, it can get pretty expensive if you’re buying the packs for all the cars but if you have a car you drive all the time then it’s probably worth the investment.

Ive found the same as you with regards to racing in ACC. You can get some really good close racing even on public servers. Monza T1 is still chaotic though :D

Caporegime
OP
im not great with set ups. some people are very quick and like me some people can do both obviously helps but set ups are the edge once you get to your limit. this is why i like games where you can share set ups or copy others as then its a even playing field and just about driving skill. set ups can mean massive differences in time. especially if they suit you.

Soldato
I just dropped the rear bump stop on the Bentley aggressive setup to 20 from 55, changed the front ARB to 2 and rear to 5, raised the rear ride height to 74mm, and went over 1.5s quicker around Bathurst (~2:02). I can go flat all the way up and over the mountain now with that tweak, the car is planted. It works on most tracks too.

I struggle with the damper settings as there are way too many things to change and I don’t have the time to sit and play around with it

Soldato
Setups won’t really help massively imo. You should only start considering going beyond the aggressive setup into your own when you are extremely consistent and fast.

I can make a slightly quicker setup for quali/hot lapping but it’s on the edge and not enjoyable to use for long. I always end up back at aggressive with some pressure tweaks

Caporegime
OP
set ups can make huge differences. the difference is if you can get the extra out of them. to 90 percent of people they wont make much difference but when you pushing hard it can be like night and day.

Associate
Im simracing close to 25 years , ive played every sim,simcade on the market.
Setups make a massive difference in some sims but not so much in ACC.

Less setup tweaks, more laps!!!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Disagree on setups as aggressive works best for most tracks. But then I'm neither chasing laptimes or suggesting I'm remotely quick.
My stance is that if you are absolutely 100% sure that you can't find time from driver improvement then setups are the bone of contention.

These people on here saying they need setups haven't posted their consistency scores from the game. The graphs from your driver history show if youre over driving or losing time so unless you can post up a clean sheet on that then the setup isn't your issue and it's just an excuse. Until they are forthcoming from the people saying setups are key then you're not providing the full picture.

Happy to stand corrected but every parameter of your ability is tracked well enough in this game to showcase if you have the actual ability to claim setups aren't good enough.

Is there a regular race series or server in use for ocukers for this game yet? Surprises me that there isn't a TT/race series thread or similar on ACC yet.

Back
Top Bottom