What film did you watch last night?

UTT

UTT

Associate
Personal shopper - 2016 - kristen Stewart, bird out of twilight *****.

Saw it recommended on a film list. Sort of expected some sort of devil wears Prada and super models.

Nothing of the sort, weird ghost movie with Stewart when not picking up millions of £ worth of clothes and jewelry across Paris, was trying to contact her dead brother.

Oh, and lots of watching her text on her phone.

I'd give 5/10

Soldato
Bad Boys 3 - 6.5/10

Was going along nicely, lots of banter, a few laughs and then the "he is your son" - GTFO.

Harley Quinn - 30mins left, took a break as it was late. A lot of comments about it being all over the place, flashbacks etc - but i had no issue with that, quite funny tbh. Enjoying it so far, not a masterpiece - Ewan McGregor is dog toffee as the bad guy and the 'strong females and men are bad' is a bit thickly laid on - but a decent romp through Gotham.

Wonder if the Bat or Mr J turn up in the finale?! - probably not, because, urgh, men!

No Bat or Joker :( Started to feel like The all female Ghostbusters at times :( But 6/10.

I don't know who cast that kid, but she was awful - seen better acting from a lump of wood.

Associate
Armour of God II: Operation Condor (1991)

"Jackie, a talented treasure hunter, is hired to recover 240 tonnes of gold that a German commander, Hans von Katterling, and his regiment buried in the Sahara Desert before the end of World War II."

Re-watched, for the first time in about 15 years, Jackie pretending to be Indiana Jones. Not as good as his '80s stuff, but still very enjoyable.

Soldato
Return of the living dead 7/10
Good 80s fun

Night of the living dead 3/10
Couldn't finish, just didn't find it interesting or like any of the characters

Last edited:
Permabanned
The Irishman - enjoyed seeing all the quality actors together but not sure there was a particularly great performance from any of them. Especially flat and tedious plot, little dialogue of any note. The concept of the film and the actors were the only good bit really. 5/10

Ip Man 4 The Finale - big Donnie Yen fan and fan of martial arts movies but this was dross. Bang average fighting, silly plot(yeah it's a kung fu flick but still), not a patch on the previous Ip Man films. 3/10

Associate
A couple of really gooduns over the weekend...

The Disaster Artist. Been flicking passed this one on Prime for a while but was never in the mood. Very enjoyable biopicesque similar to Dolomite but a lot better and never realized it had James Franco's bro, Dave as the other main character. Adds a nice touch. Still intriguing how Tommy funded the movie and apartments etc. Glad I finally got around to watching it.

The King Of Comedy. I think I watched this on Moviedrome a million years ago but was mostly like watching afresh. Loved it. Massive parallels with Joker.

Back
Top Bottom