LG c9 OLED

Soldato
remux is a pirate though ? if you have the disk, would you really go the effort to set up a rip flow, and dedicate the storage. -how big a nas would you need
- don't you still need a 4k/uhd blu-ray drive with 'particular' firmware to rip, too

with the dynamic hdr on c9, (is there more user tone mapping control on the cx, like the panasonic) that can do a reasonable job .. I really look at madvr for upscaling/de-interlacing algorithms.

having everything ripped and accessible on a hard drive is nice.

my biggest annoyance with Blu-ray a is the menus and logos at the start and not being able to quickly navigate

Soldato
my biggest annoyance with Blu-ray a is the menus and logos at the start and not being able to quickly navigate
Good point ... my only blu-ray drive is on a pc(dvdfab s/w), so I do, just, jump straight into movies.

Looked up shield pro AI scaling ... just edge enhancement afaiks, so, your tv may do better.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/dqa16g/ai_upscaling_wow/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmqa3c-oiAk
sharp xd lcd tv I used to have, had this split screen demo mode too, to try and show off video processing.

Soldato
My Dad has asked me whether I think the C9 at £1299 is worth it over the B9 at £1098, I don't really know much about these so thought I'd ask here!

Or is there a better option around this sort of price point? No higher than the C9 pricing though.

Thanks!

Soldato
My Dad has asked me whether I think the C9 at £1299 is worth it over the B9 at £1098, I don't really know much about these so thought I'd ask here!

Or is there a better option around this sort of price point? No higher than the C9 pricing though.

Thanks!

What's his use pattern & environment it's going to be in?

Associate

Thanks!

always c9 over the b9

watch this from from vincent teoh of hdtv test b9 vs c9

Associate
Why is E9 nowhere to be found for sale in Europe? There were a few good deals around my shores just a week or two ago, and they are all gone now. Apparently it is identical with C9, at least on paper, but with a slightly better design and much better sound.

Associate

Thanks!

I was in the same boat recently 65C9 or 65B9. In the end, after all the reviews I went C9 and glad that I did. Coming from a C7 I noticed the differences right away, the C9 has a newer generation processor compared the the B9 which uses a rehashed 2016 processor. The C9 is brighter, is better calibrated right out of the box, processes blacks better and improves on motion judder. Plus, LG made panel changes from Jan 20> which means it is more in-line with the CX in terms of panel quality.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is E9 nowhere to be found for sale in Europe? There were a few good deals around my shores just a week or two ago, and they are all gone now. Apparently it is identical with C9, at least on paper, but with a slightly better design and much better sound.
We're probably at the time of year where stock runs out of last year's models. There's always a period where new models are out, old models are in shops and warehouses, then get snapped up at a discount.

Associate
We're probably at the time of year where stock runs out of last year's models. There's always a period where new models are out, old models are in shops and warehouses, then get snapped up at a discount.

Be that as it may, it supposes to be a sort of an exception. It is a slightly better version of the absolute best seller for 2019 and still unbeaten "champ" for the first half of 2020 already. I've seen online shops running out of copies of C9 literally within hours and the tendency continues (not to mention the price rise, in some cases double the average). I'm sure the same would happen with E9. It's a real shame it's not for sale anymore.

Associate
Hello guys!
Bought a C9 the other day - finaly I should say. Been waiting for the OLED wonder so I was totaly stoked getting it home. The other day when I packed it up and plugged it in, guess what. Vertical lines all over the screen grr. Really feelt terrible of course. Tried everything as long power off and even tried a pixel refresh.
Long story short, there is nothing I can do. Got a faulty panel. Really aweful to get a total new Tv, that are in such state :/

Associate
It happens, the percentage of faulty ones upon delivery will be tiny but someone is going to be on the receiving end :(

As long as you purchase from somewhere reputable they should be able to collect and drop a new one-off within days.

Yeah I get that. That things happen, and the great news is. Contacted the store today, and he did promise me to make a smooth transision. Will just come get mine and swap it out for a new telly. So im really happy about it :)
The thing is tho, that it make take some time. These C9 are flying of the shelves he said - here in Sweden!
So it's the right time to buy one before they are all sold out.
People see the value of them and the price is great now. Almost at the level of BF last year. And the CX aint that better annyway. It's actually a downgrade in several ways tho. So im really happy to get the C9 - 55 inch!

Soldato
I might have to bite the bullet on a C9 65 -I'm tempted to hold off until Richer Sounds LG sound bar promo expires in the hope of either abetter promo or a small price drop - what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom