Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Fantastic. I'm just a giant man child who collects 1/6th action figures so at a later stage if I can pick up some weathering and dry brushing skills for their weapons etc.

So I have the Eternals paint set, hobby knife and some snips in my shopping baskets. Can you think of anything else?

I have watched a few videos so far and a few people have recommended just getting basic primer from Halfords?

Soldato
I started out with the Space Marine starter set and Nighthaunt starter set (as they contained different paints).

In hindsight, especially if you prefer the AOS models, I'd be tempted to go for the 'paint starter' and a box like Storm Strike, which ends up with a slightly better paint selection and a bit more of a mix of models. (I'd add Hexwraith Flame paint for the nighthaunt too, it makes them look much better).

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Aos-Paints-tools-Eng-spa-port-latv-rom-2018

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Of-Sigmar-Storm-Strike-2018-eng

I use Halfords Black Bodyshop primer which is great for most stuff but Nighthaunt work better with white. I've just bought GW Corax White spray as I wasn't as impressed with the Halfords White Plastic Primer.

Only other thing I'd suggest is a handful of brushes as the starter brushes from Citadel are functional but lost their tip very quickly.

Soldato
Managed to get myself a few bits this morning. Maybe went a bit OTT for starting out but screw it lol.

GW AOS paint and tool set.
GW Brush set
GW Glue
GW handle thing
AOS Storm strike pack.

I fully expect myself not to post here again after the shame of my figures end up looking like badly painted knock off telletubies from China.

Soldato
Argh I'm getting the 40k bug again, I really want to get building and painting but all my kit is stored at my parent's house many miles away.

:(
I haven't played since 4th/5th ed.

Caporegime
:D
2nd ed was when I first started going into GW,
I remember looking at the old dodgy looking land raiders! When 3rd ed came I got the starter box and got to it. Good times.

Actually, thinking about it again I only played 3rd and 4th ed.

The minis then were definitely something different! So...rounded and chunky!

Soldato
My £10 storm strike arrived today, the figures look amazing! No idea how I’ll paint them lol.

Stormcast are pretty simple to paint (relatively speaking) have you got normal paint or contrast?

If normal just spray them gold and paint around that, of contrast get the contrast base and it helps the bits other than gold go real quick.

Soldato
I just have white spray and black, plus some macgragge blue I,ve not tried yet. I think I’ll do the goodies in black and dry brush gold. I might do the ghosts in light grey rags and that bright odd green wash used for copper rust.

Soldato
I got a bit fatigued with painting and left the two Dreadnoughts for now. I've switched back onto assembly and mould line scraping.

gw2020p7-1.jpg

Soldato
I've been selling my models I never have and never will get round to the last couple of days. Made £141 so far and still got another £140 or so worth of stuff selling.

I'll just plough it into more models mind but nice to have a clear out.

Back
Top Bottom