scratch cards

Soldato
50% chance you get your money back then go waste it on more cards and lose the lot

Well I won £20. I won't be buying anymore.

IMG-20200517-184959.jpg

Soldato
i've never heard of seen anyone in uk winning £100 or £1000 on lottery scratch card and i'm beginning to conclude that it just doesn't exist and playing is pretty pointless because all everyone will ever win is couple of pounds of £1 or £2 which is proven fact so the question is have you or know anyone that's won bang on amounts said above?

Mrs' best mate won £300,000 on a scratchcard. She bought a house outright, renovated & furnished it and that was about it for the cash.

Caporegime
btw with these cards you don't need to scratch them to see if its a winner? the shop just scans a code on the card to see if its won or not.
so in theory they could scan a card see if it's a loser, then sell it to the next guy, rinse and repeat

or was part of the barcode scratch off/

Soldato
btw with these cards you don't need to scratch them to see if its a winner? the shop just scans a code on the card to see if its won or not.
so in theory they could scan a card see if it's a loser, then sell it to the next guy, rinse and repeat

or was part of the barcode scratch off/

Not quite, each batch of cards has a barcode but each card has a 4 digit pin under the scratch area. There's 160 cards in a batch so any rogue employee couldn't randomly guess numbers to check if cards are a winner. If they did come across a winning one by trying that, they'd then need to find said winning card by scratching each card until they find it.. so not as easy as you think.

Caporegime
The online ones on their website as well... I'll admit I've played them a few times, never won anything higher than about £20.
my step son won over 700 on some roulette online game many years ago.

I think he was doing some offer where you deposit whatever amount and get the same credited to your account that you can't withdraw until you played so many games.

must have used up all his luck.

personally I don't gamble, I did do matched betting at one point but you can't really lose money doing it.

made an easy few hundred :D

I know from the thread about matched betting on this forum some people were making thousands, I guess theres not so many offers around these days though that come around more than once apart from big sporting events

All forms of gambling have a payout percentage. The lottery (and scratch card) is a poor choice for gambling as the payout is only 50%. I.e. for every £100 you spend, the return is £50.

Fruit machines have a payout of around 80% i.e. £100 in, £80 out.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I was intrigued one day and decided to ask for "one of each" to which the kiosk lady looked in shock and asked me to clarify - turns out the reason why is because they totalled to £80+ (!!) but too late, I was all in.

Anyway, once all scratched and cashed in I was sadly only up a tenner or so.

Soldato
A woman won £25K on one from the corner shop by me. A bloke had let her go Infront of him in the queue as she only had a few items they both bought the same scratch card.

The look on his face after realising if he didn't let her go Infront he would have won 25K.

Associate
my old boss won 50k on one once, thou how he did was the better story:
was going to play golf with a friend (both guys were already millionaires)
stopped at petrol station, my boss filled his car up, while his friend went into the shop, came out with a few snaks and a scratch card, he turned to my boss and said heres the £20 i owe you, but he just said ill have one of the mars bars and the sratch card, and call it quits.

after he scratched it off it was 50k - he never gave a penny to his mate!

Soldato
Whats the most times you have won in a series ? My current record is from £1 15 times (ie 15 different purchases after winning at least £1 on the previous set of cards). In that I won £25 single prize. Not buying the same scratchcard each time but different ones.

Most I have ever won off a single card was £110.

Associate
I can go months without buying any and then buy 2-3 if i fancy it. I dont see any harm in buying a couple in a month. Theres always a chance, albeit a small one.

Back
Top Bottom